Cost of Gear

DO IT ! I need refinements as all i have is a bench and coat rack. Need to find something to put helmets in, boots slide under bench.

My Dad had a fire at his home in 2012 and the dry cleaners that cleaned all his smokey clothes and curtains brought them back on two big beefy wheeled clothes racks. The racks were some sort of insurance scam to escalate $$$ by the dry cleaner, but they were the nicest I've ever seen. Would have been perfect in my laundry room if my sister hadn't beaten me to them.

I have three 3' wide coat racks with the hooks on them screwed to the walls in my bike room for jackets and helmets, but every hook is taken. Starting to see what women love about closets.

Got a chance last week to try the TourMaster mesh pants. I've had other model TourMaster mesh in the past. Temps in the 70s two days in a row. Really like them, the knee armor needs to move upwards but there are adjustments to do it.

The hit on the Ridgecrest pants from the New Enough site was the ankle's weren't wide enough to get over adventure style boots. Got them over street style boots without issue. Temps now back in the low 50s. Still need some type of gear rack.

Next move is to see if a cobbler can put new soles on my Sidi boots, if not .....that's the next piece of expensive gear. Do cobblers even exist anymore?

Putting on lots of miles this spring. Put on about 1200 over last two weeks doing my typical 200 mile long rides, broken up by 100 mile short rides. Looks like T32s I just put on last month will be done by 4th of July. It's the price of happiness.

Back