1/4mi run at the track -11.55 @ 127.08 & the ultimate pucker factor

silentcropduster

Due to the officials being worthless pieces of s*** and not properly prepping the track (poured rain the day b4 the race) I almost lost it, not cool, and the ultimate pucker factor! They ended up shutting it down after about 4 bikes about bit the dust and taking 30mins 2 prep the track better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GA-qb7VCRo

and for funsies a much better run (once the track was prepped better)

Yamaha FZ1 1/4 mi, 11.55 @ 127.08
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHioUQtNGog

My next purchase will be a GPR or other brand steering stabilizer:flash:

you don't need a steering stabilizer just keep the front wheel up the whole run :p

good runs. slips? i am horrible at drag starts hence my times are always slow

4fa27f156a6962ad69363108b9ae957d.jpg

double thumbin' it!

you don't need a steering stabilizer just keep the front wheel up the whole run [emoji14]

good runs. slips? i am horrible at drag starts hence my times are always slow
I was a whim and got into it very slowly, that first run scared the poop out of me [emoji19]

Also the other dude was in a gsxr 1000 he barely beat me.

double thumbin' it!

I'm book for Holidays 1st week of November (birthday off with a few extras). Weather permitting this time I hope to do a few passes down Eastern Creek Drag Strip. One thing that bothers me about the straps for the front forks is the increase steering head angle. That could induce a really bad head shake? Thanks for posting.

I was a whim and got into it very slowly, that first run scared the poop out of me [emoji19]

Also the other dude was in a gsxr 1000 he barely beat me.

double thumbin' it!

nice! yeah i do not start well at all. on my zx10r i was doing mid-low 11's as well but at 150mph. i just cant launch for shit

nice! yeah i do not start well at all. on my zx10r i was doing mid-low 11's as well but at 150mph. i just cant launch for shit
It's a work in progress, launching at the track is not easy and if u haven't done it before u think its easy, until you're actually doing it lol. Also I lowered the bike 1in front and back, helped out immensely with wheeling. I have my reaction time down to .2 or .3 at worst though [emoji106]

double thumbin' it!

Man, that track was in terrible shape. It was leaching water the whole way. Did they not have dryer?

The second launch looked pretty good.

Two suggestions, hold the rpms at launch at about 7,500+ rpm and slip the hell out of the clutch, and if you have a Power Commander get a quick shifter. Those two things will make a big difference. That and once you have a QS you'll use it for everyday riding. They are really nice.

Man, that track was in terrible shape. It was leaching water the whole way. Did they not have dryer?

The second launch looked pretty good.

Two suggestions, hold the rpms at launch at about 7,500+ rpm and slip the hell out of the clutch, and if you have a Power Commander get a quick shifter. Those two things will make a big difference. That and once you have a QS you'll use it for everyday riding. They are really nice.
I'm aware of the 7500 rpm launch, I'm working upto it lol another concern I have is I think my tires r stock.bike only has 5k miles on it. Anybody happen 2 know what the oem tires are? Tread still has a ton of life left. But I wonder if the tires r also a limiting factor.

double thumbin' it!

Could be. I'm sure Stretched can give you tire advise.

First tire to my mind is a Q3 at about 20 psi. I'm not a drag guy however.

Last edited:

I just checked Dunlap Sportmax D208F, I also dropped my rear tire to about 25 psi when I drag.

I just checked Dunlap Sportmax D208F, I also dropped my rear tire to about 25 psi when I drag.

double thumbin' it!

Back