1 piece armor leather racing suit wanted

M.Martin

I assume something like a XL. I am 6"4 220 lean muscular build. Anyone have something they want to get rid of hit me up. I want to start going to the track.

I assume something like a XL. I am 6"4 220 lean muscular build. Anyone have something they want to get rid of hit me up. I want to start going to the track.

You might consider a XXL.
I'm just a hair under 6' and I wear an XL. Hopefully someone has something for you but you might check Ebay. I have been seeing some awesome prices lately.

So Cycle Gear had Bilt brand suits for 250.00. I tried on a 46 and 48. The 46 felt too tight to me and the arms and legs were short. They told me that is how it should fit. The 48 felt better to me and the arms were closer to where I would want them. I don't think I will listen to them about the fitting. I assume it shouldn't be uncomfortable. Anyone have any experience with the Built suits?

My experience with leathers is that they should be very snug when new as they break in a lot. The cheaper suits with stiffer leather will especially soften up over time and with leather conditioner and warmth, until then, they can be uncomfortable because of the cheaper materials and leather tanning process. Did you notice how soft and supple the high-dollar suits are?

The arms and legs are designed to be short and tapered so they can be worn under sport boots & gloves without interference. It won't fit like a pair of jeans or a regular leather jacket. Did you try the suit on with your gloves and boots?

I have a low price two-piece suit made by a local company, it was about the same price as the BiLT suits you looked at. It's literally just leather, stiches, zippers and some good CE armour; no features or vents or gadgets, no colours or designs at all. Very basic. When I first got it, it was almost impossible for me to zip the two halves together and I found it pretty uncomfortable. As I wore it in, it became much easier. Until I got my Roadcrafter, I wore that suit every single day. It is absolutely fantastic to wear now and it feels like a second skin.

I have never owned a premium suit and I wonder if the experience is any different :)

Last edited:
My experience with leathers is that they should be very snug when new as they break in a lot. The cheaper suits with stiffer leather will especially soften up over time and with leather conditioner and warmth, until then, they can be uncomfortable because of the cheaper materials and leather tanning process. Did you notice how soft and supple the high-dollar suits are?

The arms and legs are designed to be short and tapered so they can be worn under sport boots & gloves without interference. It won't fit like a pair of jeans or a regular leather jacket. Did you try the suit on with your gloves and boots?

I have a low price two-piece suit made by a local company, it was about the same price as the BiLT suits you looked at. It's literally just leather, stiches, zippers and some good CE armour; no features or vents or gadgets, no colours or designs at all. Very basic. When I first got it, it was almost impossible for me to zip the two halves together and I found it pretty uncomfortable. As I wore it in, it became much easier. Until I got my Roadcrafter, I wore that suit every single day. It is absolutely fantastic to wear now and it feels like a second skin.

I have never owned a premium suit and I wonder if the experience is any different :)

I did try it with some over the wrist gloves also made by Bilt. They only covered the arm by less than an inch. I would assume I would want more. I'm new to this stuff. The legs were short but I think they would tuck into my boots no problem. Maybe the 46 is the way to go. It just seems uncomfortable in the upper chest/shoulder area.

SportBikeTrackGear.com sometimes runs good closeout specials after they do photo shoots, you just have to keep your eyes open. These are "used" suits that are in "new" condition (just worn from the photo sessions from what I understand). I looked on their site and they have an A* for $600 in a 48.

Revzilla also has a great return policy so you might consider looking to them.

I did try it with some over the wrist gloves also made by Bilt. They only covered the arm by less than an inch. I would assume I would want more. I'm new to this stuff. The legs were short but I think they would tuck into my boots no problem. Maybe the 46 is the way to go. It just seems uncomfortable in the upper chest/shoulder area.

That sleeve length does sound like it might be too short. Were the gloves a full gauntlet like this or were they a bit shorter?

Taichi_gp_wrx_gloves_black_detail_1_600.jpg

From the sound of it, the 46 is probably the right size but you need to find the right fit now. Maybe the BiLT isn't BiLT for your body type. loluploluplolup

I have noticed that every brand fits a little differently. I have also found that there is a difference in fit between American, European, Japanese, etc-designed suits. It's good to try on lots of different brands because you'll get an idea of your body type.

Last edited:
Back