2 members, 130 guests

Hang around this is the Great Turn Around for FZ1 conversation, it will go viral from here. There was at least one other poster from Ireland about a month ago. I'm part Irish if that makes you feel better.

Here's the stats for Friday night 5/10 on Adventure Rider forum Total: 3,351 (inmates: 713, guests: 2,391, robots: 247)

Clearly we are woefully short of robots.

Here's the stats for Friday night 5/10 on Adventure Rider forum Total: 3,351 (inmates: 713, guests: 2,391, robots: 247)

Clearly we are woefully short of robots.
Dont compare this website to anything owned by Verticlescope !!! lol that company is wack

Hang around this is the Great Turn Around for FZ1 conversation, it will go viral from here. There was at least one other poster from Ireland about a month ago. I'm part Irish if that makes you feel better.
I'm doing my part to talk FZ1s. Got a bit too obsessed with the old site even after getting my bike running in perfect shape so I decided to take a break. Came back to it being shut down.

Now that I have a new project Gen I (needs carbs cleaned and new tires) I'm back looking to the forums but bummed when I check once a day and don't see any new posts. 😞

I've seen this speculated on in several other forums and they all reach similar conclusions, i.e. many members no longer ride or just drift away and younger riders are "social media" centered. Forums are "old school", going the way of the CD... which I still buy (!) but anyone in their 20's or younger has no idea what they even are... :(

I'm doing my part to talk FZ1s. Got a bit too obsessed with the old site even after getting my bike running in perfect shape so I decided to take a break. Came back to it being shut down.

Now that I have a new project Gen I (needs carbs cleaned and new tires) I'm back looking to the forums but bummed when I check once a day and don't see any new posts. 😞
I know how u feel

I've seen this speculated on in several other forums and they all reach similar conclusions, i.e. many members no longer ride or just drift away and younger riders are "social media" centered. Forums are "old school", going the way of the CD... which I still buy (!) but anyone in their 20's or younger has no idea what they even are... :(
I noticed Facebook Groups exist for many subjects equivalent to long standing forum sites. I tried that route for one of my old cars, however it's horribly dumbed down. For every one useful discussion from knowledgeable people there are dozens of nonsense crap posts or questions from people too lazy to search and read.

I noticed Facebook Groups exist for many subjects equivalent to long standing forum sites. I tried that route for one of my old cars, however it's horribly dumbed down. For every one useful discussion from knowledgeable people there are dozens of nonsense crap posts or questions from people too lazy to search and read.
IMO the 130 people are here from links on fb etc.

Facebook is like a toilet. Lots of crap gets dumped in and it immediately gets lost down the hole. I don't know why anyone would prefer it as their source of information.

edit... I guess if they've never been on a web-page forum, then they don't know any difference.
Problem is the only people who realize this are 'old'. Its engrained itself into the lives of too many. The amount of time lost a day to fb amazes me.

FWIW, sometimes I'll just pop over and scan thru the site without logging in. And yeah, stopped by the local "recycle" record store and bought 6 CD's Saturday night. Was buy 2 get 1 free night and most expensive one was $5.

Facebook is like a toilet. Lots of crap gets dumped in and it immediately gets lost down the hole. I don't know why anyone would prefer it as their source of information.

edit... I guess if they've never been on a web-page forum, then they don't know any difference.
Forums are amazing for cars and motorcycles, capturing many common issues and fixes. They're a great resource, until one of them disappears...

Fortunately there's the Wayback Machine which captures most of that lost info... in fact I just used it to find jetting info from fz1oa.

Back