2002 FZ1 misfiring, loss of power issue

So, I’ve had this issue for a whole season now. It doesn’t always happen, but almost always occurs at high speeds. Let me describe what’s going on.

If I’m riding it hard and and high speeds, like 130+, there’s a moment where the bike just gives, almost feels as the clutch slips, but we’ll get into that later. After that point, I can barely get the bike to go over 80. Sounds as if it’s misfiring from that point on. This continues to happen for the remainder of the ride. If I let the bike sit for a while it might/might not go away. Although yesterday’s ride, after it happened again, I was just revving it on the highway like a maniac, because I wanted to hear if it was an actual misfire rather than my clutch slipping, and I did hear it. Soon after 15-20 mins after it happened, it went back to normal.

The bike is almost all stock. Did the usual maintenance checks, replacements and up keeping.

please let me know, if you need further information about anything. I’ve done some research and I’m officially about to begin diagnosing part by part, but want everyone’s opinion first. thank you!

Back