2002 FZ1 seat

Hello, new here, just bought bike Saturday. Never had a fast bike like this. Big complaint is the seat, its stock. But its got my parts up against the tank. Its a long seat, room for passenger. Any chance i get to stand on pegs to shake things loose it ok for a bit. Just went for a 70 mile ride up the Elliot highway north of Fairbanks, was glad to get off that seat. Im 5'10 about 215lbs. Any suggestions? Thanks from a retired Teamster

you most certainly can stand up as needed to shake things out. Do you have short arms? I am 5'9" and do not need to sit that close to the gas tank. I can scoot back a bit and still have plenty of reach.

you most certainly can stand up as needed to shake things out. Do you have short arms? I am 5'9" and do not need to sit that close to the gas tank. I can scoot back a bit and still have plenty of reach.
Haha, nope dont have short arms. I will ask owner about difference in bars. He put on bars with the cruise control lock. Both previuos owners are shorter than me too. Ok thanks for the reply.
Oh yeah back in the 70s i had friends that could stand on the seat and coast along about 25-30 mph. I would only try on my 1973 TS 185 Susuki, not so brave

Haha, nope dont have short arms. I will ask owner about difference in bars. He put on bars with the cruise control lock. Both previuos owners are shorter than me too. Ok thanks for the reply.
Oh yeah back in the 70s i had friends that could stand on the seat and coast along about 25-30 mph. I would only try on my 1973 TS 185 Susuki, not so brave
Corbin seats are nice and actually come with a backrest for a passenger. I also use an Air Hawk R seat pad. I love that thing. Eventually I will make the seat custom with new foam and possibly gel since I do custom upholstery. Just never have the time to work on my personal projects

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 11
Back