2002 FZ1

Jpwyns

Hi everybody! I have a 2006 Concours that I really enjoy, and my wife likes to ride on the back of. I found what looks like a good deal on a 2002 FZ1 with "
Asking $3,500
GIVI 3 bag setup with SW Motech lockable/removable rack.
Stainless brake lines
Upgraded front and rear Traxxion suspension
Rear Carbon Fiber Hugger
Two different windshields
Two different seats
Carb synch tool
Factory manual
Handlebar risers
Original rear grab rails
12v plug
12k miles, never in accident or dropped."
I attempted to attach a picture.

Is this a good deal?
Does an FZ1 do 2-up well?
Anything I need to look for on test ride?

Looks like a good deal. I just bought a 2001 with 53,000 miles, stock with zero extras from a dealer for $2000.00. It needs a major clean up! The pic you attached, that bike looks super clean! Not sure about 2 up, my wife doesn’t ride. There are zero gen 1 FZ1s for sale on eBay, they are getting rare, I say go for it, hang on to it!

Last edited:
Depends on the physical size of your wife and how long you plan to ride for. The Concours is going to feel like a couch compared to the FZ1 rear seat.

My wife is about 6 feet tall and the rear pegs were high enough that her knees were very high up the sides of my body. The slope on the seat will mean she slides into you under everything but the most gentle of braking.

We ended up buying a 2007 vStar 1300 just so we could have a bike for touring on where she would be comfortable. Once we got that she refused to ever get on my FZ1 again.

Back