2009 Fz1

If there's no trade, it's easiest to probably negotiate OTD pricing.

Depending on where you are, you may be looking at $8500 - 9500 otd. Between this forum and the other, I may have seen less, but it's hard to compare unless all other things are equal.

Considering that I have seen plenty of dealers out there advertising '09 for $7995 on their showrooms use that as a starting point. I don't know what taxes and other fees you would have to pay in your state, but it you can get it for $8500 OTD then it's a good deal. However, personally I would buy a used low mileage one. Way too many good deals out there to drop money on a new one, but that's just me.

Years back, I bought a used bike. Granted, I paid only $2K for it, and it was in extremely poor shape. Not maintained, had the crap beat out of it, dumped, repainted, etc.

Ever since that experience, i've been biased against used bikes. Unless you know the previous owner personally, you don't really know how it was ridden and/or taken care of. I rather pay the extra $$$ and know that i'm starting with a clean slate.

NJFZ1's estimate is about dead-on, theres stuff floating on ebay for just under'79'..... 8K, and once fees and the othere stuff, it sounds way better than the number your local dealer threw out there. The only drawback, location of the ebay seller......:(

Thinking about it more, you'r way up in the north-east, so these deals arn't to be found there (ebay), so your local guy probably knows he's got the best numbers barring buying from far of and riding home, so effectivly, he's got you. I'd lean on something with a fiew miles, I'm talking real low K's, 2-3K and jump on something of that nature. Seems theres always lots of deals up in Penn. closer to you

If you want to go new, thats fine, you will have a better understanding of what you are buying. I would buy used, there are some members selling their bikes in the forum Bikes/Parts for sale if you are inclined you can check those out, some of the bikes listed there are pretty new. Good luck.

2009...took a month of talking to the sale guy... I wasn't in a big hurry, i took my time did my research and when the time was right they took my offer..

I'd say the dealer has cut his margin considerably and if he's got a good rep and you'd like him to be around to back your purchase I wouldn't pinch him too tight. Granted it's an "09" and not "10" but there isn't any worthwile difference between the two and you'll still get the factory warranty as long as it's new. Buying used can save you some serious cash, but it can also buy you someone elses problems unless you know the past owner. Now if it was my bike, of course it would be in pristine condition.

If anyone is in the area of Elkhart, IN I know a dealer there that has 4 2009 FZ1s coming that the owner says he'll sell for $6999. Brand new bikes.
The dealer is North End Cycles--Owner's name is Byron Williams.

Of course I found out about this after I'd already purchased my '08.
Would have been a nice fly & ride trip.

I too am looking for an 2nd gen Fz1. It seems here in Ca. the dealers are on the high side of pricing. I have researched and have decided I will not pay more than 8k O.T.D. for an 09 I usually research on Cycle Trader and Craigslist. I am going to see a dealer tomm. So we will see if they can step up and get me the deal I want.

My Chance of a LIfetime

Years back, I bought a used bike. Granted, I paid only $2K for it, and it was in extremely poor shape. Not maintained, had the crap beat out of it, dumped, repainted, etc.

Ever since that experience, i've been biased against used bikes. Unless you know the previous owner personally, you don't really know how it was ridden and/or taken care of. I rather pay the extra $$$ and know that i'm starting with a clean slate.

I have been shooping for 35 years, so my 08 with only 2980 on the odometer was a no brainer. This is my 1st running bike that was not a basket case. I bought it from the 2nd owner (65+ years old) who rode it 2839 miles in four years, but it spent most of those years under a cover in his home workshop. His four year extended warrenty ends on 8/30/12. The 1st owner (that blinged it) traded it in at 141 miles. He wanted a GSXR1000. My neighbor, who's owned 15-20 street/dirt bikes, took one look at it and said, "Dam, it brand new. You have to buy it." He trailed it the 45 miles home for me, since I had surgery on 1/27/12. All my sport bike or HD friends ask if its a 2012 FZ1. If I ever bought another bike it would be a brand new FZ1 and do this to it myself.
:yes:

I too am looking for an 2nd gen Fz1. It seems here in Ca. the dealers are on the high side of pricing. I have researched and have decided I will not pay more than 8k O.T.D. for an 09 I usually research on Cycle Trader and Craigslist. I am going to see a dealer tomm. So we will see if they can step up and get me the deal I want.

Not sure if you want to travel up to oregon, but there are a few new fz1's in the Portland, Bend area for between 7-8k, just an fyi. There is also a Yamaha dealer in Sublimity an hour south of Portland that usually has good deals on the fz, just an fyi.

Back