2009 Yamaha FZ1, Engine & headlights shutting off

mukmls

Hi All,

I am new to this forum, need some help with my 2009 FZ1, bought it 4 months ago, rode it for couple of days, bike used to stutter and misfire at low rpms (below 4k), did some research and determined it was related to faulty ignition coil, so replaced all 4 of them along with sparkplugs, post which bike ran perfectly fine for 3 months, until last week, took it out for a ride and bike engine and lights shuts out frequently, somehow managed to get it home, after couple of day again started it in the garage on center stand, it ran for couple of minutes, and after bike warmed up again same problem engine and lights shutting off, tried restarting again and it would die out within couple of seconds, can anyone let me know what could be the problem

Took it to a mechanic, diagnosed it and found the bike had a dead cylinder mainly due to a faulty ignition coil, it seems the ignition coils which i purchased from amazon were not oem, and one of them went faulty, the mechanic replaced the faulty one with an oem, now the bike runs perfectly fine, I guess in couple of months I need to even replace the remaining 3 ignition coils with oem ones

Last edited:
Yeah if I were you I would replace all 4 at the same time. You don't want to run into more issues in the future especially when it comes to misrifing. Glad you found the fix

Back