2014 ktm rc390

Dustin

Officially Official: 2014 KTM RC390

2014-KTM-RC390-15-635x422.jpg

This thing is sick. 375 cc single, 43 hp & 330 lbs wet. WP suspension, radial brakes and real sport tires

Gimme gimme gimme gimme gimmie.

Last edited:
[video=youtube;U9e2bYbodu8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9e2bYbodu8[/video]

Some interesting criticisms of RC390, most notably the brakes which were said to be 'rubbish'.

The CBR 300 received a lot of praise for its handling but of course was the slowest. The RC390 was fastest on track which should be interesting when it's compared to the R3 that has a similar power to weight.

Cycle Canada has an article this month, and tested one at the press release in Europe. They loved the bike.

KTM Power parts will no doubt have lots of goodies available since they have a racing series in the works specifically for this machine. I have seen pictures of the race-ready machine which includes an Acro exhaust can.

Press Launch: KTM RC 390 - Press Launches - Cycle Canada

Regarding the brakes; "In terms of braking, a single front 300 mm disc may seem minimalistic (though the norm for this segment), but a radially mounted four-piston caliper provides plenty of fade-free stopping power. Plus there’s that 230 mm rear disc and standard ABS (which can be switched off)."

Last edited:
Interesting. I wonder if MCN's test bike had some old spec brake pads or something. The guy in the video, Michael Neeves, is quite a fair and balanced guy and quite objective so his comments were surprising to me.

Last edited:
Back