2015+ R1 Shock for Gen 2 FZ1

I have one mounted on my 2007 and its awesome! Ride height is adjustable. You can go up or down as you see fit. Personally mine is slightly lower than stock in the rear and i love it.

Attachments

• IMG_2293.jpeg
    IMG_2293.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2379.jpeg
    IMG_2379.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 33
Thats great news i think i will try a 2015 R1 Rear shock, as long as i can get a little bit more ride height than standard ( just to make it turn in a bit better ) Also is it just a matter of trimming some width off the top bushing and moving the regulator.

Yes, trim the top bushings and move the regulator mounting bracket upside down, so that your shock resevoir will fit. You will need to bend or trim the tab in the middle of the bracket (up to you). Other than that it's pretty straight forward.

Yes, trim the top bushings and move the regulator mounting bracket upside down, so that your shock resevoir will fit. You will need to bend or trim the tab in the middle of the bracket (up to you). Other than that it's pretty straight forward.
Unable to turn regulator bracket upside down do you mean put the regulator on the upper side of the bracket.

I found these photo's on one of the FZ1 pages on FB. Shows what i mean by flipping the rectifier plate upside down and mounting the rectifier on the other side. Hope the visual helps.

Attachments

• IMG_4024.png
    IMG_4024.png
    12.3 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_4026.png
    IMG_4026.png
    10.6 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_4025.png
    IMG_4025.png
    11.5 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4029.png
    IMG_4029.png
    8 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4028.png
    IMG_4028.png
    9.2 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_4027.png
    IMG_4027.png
    7.2 MB · Views: 49
This is just what i need !, but sadly, I have ABS on my 2010 FZ1N, Is there any way of fitting the 2015 R1 shock to my bike or is it simply a big fat no ?

Fat no. You would need a rear shock with a reservoir that can be mounted externally. Or at least away from your rectifier and plate. Here is an example.

Attachments

• S46DR1S.jpg
    S46DR1S.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 18
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 18
Unfortunately, I still do not have any. My usual guy that parts out 2015 R1s has been a step back from parting bikes out recently. Hoping he will get back to it soon though.
Hi John,
I know this thread has been inactive for a while, but let me know if you get your hands on any of these. I'd be interested. Thanks :)

Back