4 hours in the rain today

Today the temperature was ok (low 60's at 9:30 am) & so I decided to ride even though it was drizzling rain since yesterday -- with 60% chance of more. I just had to get on the bike. But, I didn't know how long I would go. Well, it pretty much rained the whole time I was out. Visibility was still pretty good, otherwise I wouldn't have stayed out. Only went 145 miles total though. All in all, it was a fun ride once I settled in with the fact that it would be wet the whole time. Man, I love riding! A ride in the rain is still better than no ride at all, for me.

I had to do some serious spraying & wiping down the bike on return. Hung up all the gear to dry & put on warm clothes to sit on the couch for some college football watching. What a great day!

Anyone else like to ride in the rain rather than no ride at all?

I would ride in all kinds of weather a few years back but lately I've been a fair weather rider. Guess I just got tired of it. I sometimes get stuck in it and its fun for about 10 minutes :(

Back in the 80's I rode all seasons. Everyone thought I was an idiot. I remember riding home from work in the snow more than a half a dozen times on my GS550E. You couldn't get me off the bike. Now I'll ride as long as there is NO precipitation and above 40 degrees out. In my older age, I hate seeing dirt on the bike and below 40 I'm freezing my butt off!

When I was a teenager I used to go out on my Suzuki DS100 in the snow. I must have tried to see how many times I could do donuts in snow covered field, wipe out, and bounce back up. Those were fun times! I don't anticipate riding in under 40 now either, unless I have to...

I would ride in all kinds of weather a few years back but lately I've been a fair weather rider. Guess I just got tired of it. I sometimes get stuck in it and its fun for about 10 minutes :(

For me the temperature makes all the difference now. It truly sucks when it's real cold and you can't enjoy it. I've ridden snowmobiles in your area (PA) before, and that's fun but even then -- if too cold it is just no fun. Usually a biting wind helps :shaking head:

Back when I used to tour you didn't have much choice, when it rained you got on the bike and went. Never was a huge fan of wet weather riding though, but once you got into it it wasn't too bad. As i get older I find if it isn't 55-60 out, and sunny, I'm not too interested in putting a ride in.

Never seen so much rain as Ohio gets this fall. Cross your fingers for us on New Years, some of us in the Ohio Riders Dayton area are riding to Columbus to meet up for a Polar Bear Ride. Hope the weathers not too awful. We're all a little nuts in Ohio. Hey Streched 06, Old Schools Dime holler at me.

Never seen so much rain as Ohio gets this fall. Cross your fingers for us on New Years, some of us in the Ohio Riders Dayton area are riding to Columbus to meet up for a Polar Bear Ride. Hope the weathers not too awful. We're all a little nuts in Ohio. Hey Streched 06, Old Schools Dime holler at me.

I once had an alternator go out on an '88 Beretta in the middle of a snow storm just south of Canton on Christmas eve. Great visit though!:Rockon:

Back