A Great Place to Stay in France!

Hi chaps. I've just returned from a biking holiday in France with a friend, visiting the D Day Beaches in Normandy and other places of interest in the area. It was particularly poignant for me as I wanted to visit Gold Beach as that was where my father landed on D Day 6th June 1944. His war time diary told me he landed at Arromanches, which was the first place we visited. Our whole time spent in Normandy was made all the more special by way of the accommodation in which we stayed. the La Motte.

This guest house is a beautiful 19th century farm house, set in it's own grounds surrounded by rolling country side. The owners are an English couple, Bill and Carol Smith. Carol is a fantastic cook and prepared our evening meals with wine or beer for only 20 euro's each. Bill is a fantastic host and a bit of a comedian to boot. He charges only 2 euro's for a large bottle of beer in the biker's bar. They are fantastic hosts and you would be hard pressed to find a better couple. Bellow you will find their link, so please, if you are planning a trip to Normandy, then have a good read of their website. Look at the reviews they are getting if you don't believe this recommendation!

La Motte Guesthouse Biker Friendly B&B in Normandy | English owned bed and breakfast in France

I went on my FZ1n ABS and it performed perfectly with no issues whatsoever during the 1500 miles we covered.

I will try to put up some pictures as soon as I get them into my computer

Back