a please watch video

I love these safety videos from across the pond. We are just way to worried about offending people here in the states to put out any kind of powerful message that might actually make someone think twice.

On a happy note.... That is my all time favorite REM song.

That was extreme. I wish they'd show this sort of stuff here in the states. Even if it stopped one driver from being foolish....

Thanks for posting that... certainly an eye opener. I lost a brother to a drunk driver and vowed I wouldn't put myself in those circumstances.

Not going to lie, I actually jumped about 1/2 way into the vid and watched it, then watched the beginning and realized it was about doing drugs and drinking while driving. Glad I never got into that kind of stuff... I know a few of my friends who dont feel the same way though and think they are "fine".

Thanks, good video. Victoria always had in your face videos when it came to road safety.

We won't show that kind of ad in the US because of the strength of the auto lobby. Over the years we have been led to believe that once everyone gets a drivers license by very weak testing standards they are entitled to drive for life. We are stricter now on the drunk driving aspect, but everything else we pretty much shrug our shoulders and mumble, 'that's the way it is'. We have spent hundreds of billions of dollars over the years on passive safety (safer cars, and better roads) but very little on the person sitting behind the wheel, as if requiring a person to demonstrate real physical and mental capacity to safely operate a motor vehicle is somehow encroaching on his 'rights'. Let's face it, most drivers are not very good and are pretty clueless as to what they are doing. But then again, they stumble through life with the same attitude. Just a gripe of mine.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ynpGFj97Ic"]NMCU Bugs[/ame] a Norwegian short movie made by the Norwegian Motorcycle Union a few years back.

/AGM

They NEED to show things like that here. People feel so entitled and are so self absorbed when they drive. They forget that what happens impacts many...

I stay off the road when the drunks are out. The cell users are about as bad. A drunk almost killed my wife and I in 2004. It took us a year to recover. He's doing 20 years in the slammer.

A drunk driver killed our friends daughter and babysitter years ago, He rear ended her at 60 MPH at a stop never even hit the brakes. His lawyer was saying that year Chevy truck had faulty brakes nothing to to do with his being 3 times over the limit. Luckily the judge didn't see it that way, he still got off cheap for what he did...

Back