Abolishing registration labels for light vehicles in N S W as of 1 Jan 2013

This just in, hot off the NSW RTA web site:
From 1 January 2013, registration labels for light vehicles (including motorcycles and trailers) up to 4.5 tonnes Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM) will be abolished.

WOOOOOO Friggin HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! :yes:

Yep the cops now have the technology to check if you're registered on the run. One less thing to worry about! Now how do we get our CTP on our license instead of each vehicle? I can only drive/ride one at a time!

About bloody time too.
They look so ugly on my FZ1.
I just renewed my third party green slip with GIO $277, best price I could find,they asked me do I ever carry a pillion,which I never do! looks like they may be also looking at this issue,which always has been a thorn in my side that a bike can`t be made for a one person green slip if the rear pegs & pillion seat removed [cheaper green slip]as can be done in QLD

I wonder if it would if thieves could take advantage of that somehow...?
It does not seem to make sense. Won't that make it harder on LE to see if it's out of date/reg?...or is it a sneaky way of now being able to invade your privacy under the guise of checking for reg and running your plate?
Nothing comes for free. Espscially from the gov'ment.

I wonder if it would if thieves could take advantage of that somehow...?
It does not seem to make sense. Won't that make it harder on LE to see if it's out of date/reg?...or is it a sneaky way of now being able to invade your privacy under the guise of checking for reg and running your plate?
Nothing comes for free. Espscially from the gov'ment.
Lots of the HWP and many more soon carry OCR linked to the Registration and Licensing database, Also all "Safety" Cameras. Automatically scanning all plates as they drive. So yes we have lost some privacy but that had already happened prior to the abolishing of the rego label. The label does the same job as the little validation sticker you guys have to attach to your license plates but lots larger and carried separately.

Back