Added More Plastic - thoughts?

Well,
Saw these sport scoops from an old thread, and found a UK company still selling them so I pulled the trigger. 10 days later and here we go. Personally, I love the extra plastic, while it still shows off the engine like nakeds should.

scoops1.jpg

The next plastic purchase will probably be Copperdog's Fuza seat cowl.

Last edited:
Personally, I'm not a big fan of plastic. Mainly, because it's expensive to replace and relatively easy to break. That said, it looks good on the bike. :sport12:

Adding some trim pieces here and there are the beginning of going totally faired in my view. Nakeds are supposed to be brawney and bare, mean to the bone.

That's a really nice look. It gives the bike a bit of the faired look, but still leaves the motor visible. Kinda the best of both worlds IMHO. Very good looking bike. That's the best color too!

You should go ahead and order one, Geno.... You have the benefit of having the easiest color-matching color.. BLACK! So order one up... sand it down, and blast it with black and clearcoat.. and you're good to go.

As far as the tail tidy tho, I'm the one oddball that thinks that big ole mudflap actually adds balance to the bike. I dunno tho, there seems to be some nice fender eliminators out now that look very professional, so I may change my mind in the near future... FUZA seat cowl first though. Gotta find some way to sneak that one by the wife next.

You should go ahead and order one, Geno.... You have the benefit of having the easiest color-matching color.. BLACK! So order one up... sand it down, and blast it with black and clearcoat.. and you're good to go.

As far as the tail tidy tho, I'm the one oddball that thinks that big ole mudflap actually adds balance to the bike. I dunno tho, there seems to be some nice fender eliminators out now that look very professional, so I may change my mind in the near future... FUZA seat cowl first though. Gotta find some way to sneak that one by the wife next.
http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-ii-mods/10792-papa-gonna-like-my-tail.html

That's the same place I had ordered my sport scoops and lower cowl from. However, I decided to turn my bike into more of a sport tourer and went with the full fairings this year and the Givi side cases. I'm kind of regretting the decision, but too late now.

Here's what my bike used to look like :)
attachment.php

And the way it looks now (minus the side cases):
attachment.php

Attachments

• FZ1_Full_Fairings.jpg
    FZ1_Full_Fairings.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 280

Not that easy bro.. Raven is metallic epic fantastic fast black, not just gloss black.

:)

Looks great i have thought about doing this but i didnt know how it would look now im sold. I checked out the site you got it from but their colors dont match up with the american colors. Is ocean depth the same as cobalt blue? (your bike is cobalt blue right?)

I love those! I actually own Tony's set now (Thank you again Tony!) but I have not gotten them painted yet. So, mine will look VERY much like yours! :Rockon: Nice to see what mine WILL look like! :yes: Thanks!!

Back