Added More Plastic - thoughts?

lower cowl and side scoops

Wow those look great. I am considering a lower cowl on my 2008 FZ1 and now that I see the side scoops ..possibly those also. Were there any problems or "gotcha's" adding the lower cowl? I found a site for a new one in my color-Granite Grey that sells for $344.96. Where would one find those side scoops in GG color and at what cost?

They sure dress up nice...

Wow those look great. I am considering a lower cowl on my 2008 FZ1 and now that I see the side scoops ..possibly those also. Were there any problems or "gotcha's" adding the lower cowl? I found a site for a new one in my color-Granite Grey that sells for $344.96. Where would one find those side scoops in GG color and at what cost?

They sure dress up nice...

Lower cowl is very easy to install. Just don't leave the oil pan bolts off for too long or it will leak some oil. Also be careful tightening said bolts. They don't require a lot of torque and it's easy to strip one.

Side scoops (called sport scoops by Yamaha) were never available in the US so your only source is Canada or Europe. Best price I have seen for them is from here:

Yamaha FZ1 Fazer Sport Scoops

The only problem is that they don't come in Granite Gray so you would have to repaint them.

I like it. Like the OP said it doesn't completely cover the motor but seems to improve on Yamaha's design. I think I might have to copy you on that.

I usually do not like those scoops. For some reason i think it looks great on the blue. I think maybe it is that other colors have such a high contrast to the black engine that it looks odd. The blue looks sleek and blends in.
:tup:

As far as the tail tidy tho, I'm the one oddball that thinks that big ole mudflap actually adds balance to the bike. I dunno tho, there seems to be some nice fender eliminators out now that look very professional...

I've seen an R6 style rear fender that I think looks nice, a thin aluminum strut instead of the big plastic shovel, but still hangs the plate out over the wheel where it was intended to be. Def. need to go with aftermarket signals on it, though; the stock Yamaha blobs look silly hovering in space like that.

Also, I haven't seen a picture of a naked bike yet in this thread.

:p

Well,
Saw these sport scoops from an old thread, and found a UK company still selling them so I pulled the trigger. 10 days later and here we go. Personally, I love the extra plastic, while it still shows off the engine like nakeds should.

scoops1.jpg

The next plastic purchase will probably be Copperdog's Fuza seat cowl.
hola, donde se pueden comprar las sport scoops de fz1
o si supieras si alguien lo vendiera, te agradeceria mucho

Back