Aftermarket seat - specific to ladies rear end please

Just added a 2010 fz1 to the garage and looking for opinions on a different seat. I know there is a lot of seat talk in the main forum but I didn't want to wade thru a zillion posts looking for female opinion!

Did you replace your seat? Re-form it? Get used to it?

Do tell!:yes:

You will get many, many answers to this question. I have the stock seat and it is fine for me, until I hit the 100 mi mark, then it becomes a problem. But by that time I'm ready to hop off, take a stretch, or maybe gas up, and then I'm good to go again. The most I'll do in a day is a couple of hundred miles so the stock seat works for me. Others immediately change the seat in the hope of finding more comfort. One complaint of many after market seats is the tendency to pitch you forward into the tank which is annoying at best. I don't think the male/female difference is that much of an issue, it's either comfortable or it's not.

The reason I was thinking it may be advantageous to ask ladies is the height/width between seats and touching the ground and because men/women are obviously built different when it comes to the posterior area.

For example: My other bike is an 2005 vtx1300 (cruiser) with a stock seat. I've put 10,000 miles on it this year and find it very comfortable. Go to any VTX forum and the first thing men do is put new seats on because it is not comfortable for them.

Have you considered sheepskin ?
I use a sheepskin cover over the gel seat (yamaha). It has a definite cooling quality to it. Also it does not get too hot, although it is black, when I leave the bike out in the sun.

Back