Aftermarket Stator/Flywheel Options in UK?

FZ1-S

Hello all,

I’ve had my FZ for nearly 2 months now and use it for commuting. Having recently discovered that this is a common issue, I’d like to get it sorted asap as I don’t fancy getting stranded nor my recent investment writing itself off needing an engine rebuild!

I’ve noticed people recommending RM stator‘s, but just wondering if there are any aftermarket options here in the UK with a similar reputation?

Many thanks in advance!!

I have 2014 model. Went to Yamaha dealer Jax York. They suggested the problem is rare. People on various forums suggest their experience is contrary. If you change it, suggest you use genuine Yamaha parts.

Apparently more of a problem on the earlier models, mines an early 07, so just doing it as a precaution. Ordered a genuine one as the RM‘s seem to get mixed reviews, so no point replacing something not broken with something of inferior (in relation to oem) quality.

Yeah I think a wise move.

Careful with dating bikes with reg plate. Mines a 2014 reg but manufactured 2011 based on frame and engine number. Yamaha dealer may share your actual bike manufactured date by refering to the records.

True enough, but I know at the very latest it’s an early 2007 due to the receipt for the original owner. I’ve got the certificate of conformity from Yamaha (trying to get my bike ULEZ compliant), so probably has production date on there if I can find it!

Got the bits, so will be doing it this weekend along with a major service :)

Back