Air Filters in 2020

Curious what Air Filters everyone is running
I have a pretty much bone stock bike. I've seen the airbox mod, but I think I'm going to keep it stock.
I'm past my 24k recommended air filter swap, but all I can seem to find online are K&N filters.

It seems really unappealing to have to oil the darn thing very often when the OEM paper one lasts 24k without any maintanence.
Was curious on my options and any recommendations or if anyone here had good/bad exp with those K&N filters.

I live in a very dusty area, which is part of my concern.

K&N, BMC, Simota, Airtech are all cleanable filters and you could keep an eye on how much dust it collects. In this way you could clean and regenerate it with the appropriate products.

Last edited:
I just use the replacement stock filter from Yamaha. There are too many screws to remove to check the washable filters, then you need to clean them and reoil the filter which takes a couple days to do right.

I just use the replacement stock filter from Yamaha. There are too many screws to remove to check the washable filters, then you need to clean them and reoil the filter which takes a couple days to do right.
I'll do it the evening and the day after is ready and it takes 20min to install it and close everything

Back