amevl's trailer build

decided to start a thread over here on the trailer I just picked.I started really surveying itt today and noticed part of the door frame was not flush.I realized two of the welds had let go so I decided to rip out the floor since it was pretty beat and stained with oil and gas.Also will be replacing some of the wall panels inside as well.I could use some ideas on insulating and wiring some 110 inside as well.Not to mention type of paints to use since I have never done anything like this b4 I am pretty much on new ground here.I am going to replace the floor with 3/4" plywood which is what was in it and the interior walls are 3/8" i think.I will get some pictures up of the work tommorrow hopefully

Jeff, I would sugest that any line voltage wiring that you want to run in the wall of the trailer be mc cable / encased in metal to prevent any chafing of the wires. I would also use meatal junction boxes and paltes for switches and outlets. You can pick all of this up at any home center.

If you have any questions on how to cut and connect etc. just let me know.

Good Luck!

Did ya ever get the door frame issue worked out? I love the wheels. They are going to look great on it. If you don't mind me asking, what does it cost you yearly to register it in PA?

door frame I pulled back into place with a "C" clamp and welded her up I think trailer registration is $12 a year for that small a trailer in Pa.

Good start but can I be honest? You need to grind the paint and rust away before welding, the amps aren't turned up high enough for the metal thickness and you're either dragging the wire or pushing too fast. ;)

Everything else is going to look great! Should button up very nicely!

Good start but can I be honest? You need to grind the paint and rust away before welding, the amps aren't turned up high enough for the metal thickness and you're either dragging the wire or pushing too fast. ;)

Everything else is going to look great! Should button up very nicely!

to be honest I think I was moving to fast.there is only 4 settings on the welder and i am on the second I will try moving it up thanks Eric!!

this week I went to my parents church and got a bunch of plywood and lumber they were throwing away.I should have enuff to do the walls and ceiling.I visited harbor freight yesterday and got the new wheel chocks and a jigsaw and sander hope to install the floors today and get the walls cut and painted.I'll post up more pics as I progress through the day.

I still have to look into wiring but I have decided to not use a breaker box as I wont be running anything huge maybe a small heater,lights,chargers etc. I was gonna use an RV hookup for the outside to plug 110 into the trailer.

I think tommorrow is hopefully see a little riding.Billy how do you plan on putting the tuning forks on your trailer? Big stencil?

Yeah, I am going to use a piece of white chalk after the Rhino Lining is down. Then I'll figure out the diameter circle I want to go with and set a nail at dead center with a string and make the outer circle first, then shorten the string and make another circle. I will probably just use a straight edge and free hand for the rest. I will mask off what I can and then use a 3" roller and some utility paint to fill it in. Unless I can find a red or white color Rhino Lining. Then that would be cool cause it wouldn't wear out like paint will. That will be next Sunday's project while the bike is at Ivan's.

Yeah, I am going to use a piece of white chalk after the Rhino Lining is down. Then I'll figure out the diameter circle I want to go with and set a nail at dead center with a string and make the outer circle first, then shorten the string and make another circle. I will probably just use a straight edge and free hand for the rest. I will mask off what I can and then use a 3" roller and some utility paint to fill it in. Unless I can find a red or white color Rhino Lining. Then that would be cool cause it wouldn't wear out like paint will. That will be next Sunday's project while the bike is at Ivan's.

We had to do something like that when I was pledging a fraternity. We had paint a HUGE fraternity crest on the wall and none of us had any artistic ability. Luckily one of the guys had a good brain because he took a picture of the crest into Kinkos and had them make a copy that you could use a projector (whatever that is called) and then we rented a projector for a few bucks and projected that picture onto the wall.
It made that job a breeze!!!! We were done in a couple of hours. All we had to do was trace the lines that were projected.

Back