amevl's trailer build

Ok didnt work on the trailer for a couple weeks so I am back at it again got 1 wheel chock installed, a set of d rings,Harbor Freight cabinet and pretty much finished up the front of the trailer on the inside.I will be working on the ceiling next and I am using those indoor outdoor rope lights I just have them zip tied in till the ceiling is done its really starting to come together I am having a tough time being able to set it up to fit 3 bikes but I have acouple ideas that i will try to see if that works and some new pics......View attachment 9920

View attachment 9921

View attachment 9922

View attachment 9923

View attachment 9924

Nice job so far! That looks really cool. I'm going to be tackling the HF Trailer this weekend with the paint and new decals from Dirty D. He makes a mean decal! Keep the pics coming. It inspires me to no end!

It would be cool to bolt down one of those nifty H.F. Generators inside and vent the exhaust through the floor which would give you all the power you'd need for lights, tools, and whatever else you need power for.

View attachment 9985

View attachment 9986

View attachment 9987

View attachment 9988

View attachment 9989

View attachment 9990Ok I spent about 9 hours working on the trailer today.I have determined that the only way to fit 3 bikes in is they would all have to be sport bikes not the behemoth vstar1300 and the zx10 but I decided to lleave all 3 chocks mounted so when I haul one bike it can be in the front chock.got all the trim cut/painted/installed used a hole saw and got a rubber cork which I drilled and notched to run the electric in and another rubber cork to put in when towing cheap and easy mounted the power strip now I gotta do the ramp door and ceiling the weld a 2 inch receiver on the trailer frame to use my tirechanger off the side of the trailer.Also have to compund and wax,polish aluminum repack wheel bearings god this is alot of freakin work anyway heres a couple more pics.....

Nice job Jeff! That is going to be sweet! Tight fit I take it? I'm curious about that so when you get them in, take some pics and show us the tie-down situation?

I like it!! :Rockon:

I still gotta buy the D rings and the hitch reciever.I almost wish I had bought a 7' wide thats what I had b4 and it DID fit 3 bikes.I guess the Ninja will miss out on all the fun.

the last 2 days I spent after work tearing up the old ramp decking and cut new wood to fit gave it all a coat of blue for now and reinstalled the decking today also have a some wiring to fix on the tail lights that was looking a little rough some solder and shrink tubing will fix that right up.I think nest I will be sanding/grinding the ramp frame and giving that a fresh coat of flat black. some new pics for you guys....View attachment 10088

View attachment 10089

View attachment 10090

View attachment 10091

View attachment 10092

View attachment 10093

Shaping up very nice! Are you going to put a textured final finish on the ramp and floor at all? Nice work Jeff!

And the signs? :Rockon:

finally got to work on the trailer some more yesterday.I towed it last week for my track day after repacking/adjusting the bearings and repairing some wiring that all functioned perfectly.Finally started to work on the inside ceiling,looking good so far got most of it installed and painted.I gotta say I am really pleased with how it is turning out.I will shoot some pics today to show the progress.All this really leaves for me to do is compound and wax the outside since it is really oxidized and paint the rear ramp door frame and install new seals around the doors

Back