Another fuel question

Damn Yankee

2007 fz-1 has about 2200 miles on it now.
gets about 39-41 MPG, with a spirited pilot.:innocent:
it that about the norm? at about $3.75 gal 93 octane. USD
What should be first mods? Can't say i need more power now, have frame sliders ,Puig racing windshield,tank protector,swingarm spools.
also , does anyone else have a lil rattle/buzz in exhaust about 7 k , 50-75% throttle. sorry to ramble on....:eek:
LOVE THE BIKE!!:thumbup:

USA..love my country, i question our polices,, but i support the troops.

I have a 2003 FZ1, carbureted, and I can go 190 miles on 4 gallons of 87 octane fuel. So I am averaging about 47 miles per gallon.

I have a 2007 with 800 miles on it ( Hope to get it over 1000 this weekend!)
I measured the fuel consumtion twice. Both times was very close to 36 mpg.

gas milage

2007 fz-1 has about 2200 miles on it now.
gets about 39-41 MPG, with a spirited pilot.:innocent:
it that about the norm? at about $3.75 gal 93 octane. USD
What should be first mods? Can't say i need more power now, have frame sliders ,Puig racing windshield,tank protector,swingarm spools.
also , does anyone else have a lil rattle/buzz in exhaust about 7 k , 50-75% throttle. sorry to ramble on....:eek:
LOVE THE BIKE!!:thumbup:

USA..love my country, i question our polices,, but i support the troops.

Hey, I've got a 2007 with around 3500 miles on it. I've kept track of my milage since new. I seem to be always around 38-40mpg (canadian) or 31-33mpg in us gallons. That's all around town. The best I've done was 41mpg (us gallons) all on the highway around 120kph (75mph), but that was with a passenger and full saddlebags (I've got the factory removable saddlebags). I'm not thrilled with the milage, and it seems to be getting worse with the colder weather, it's around 34 degrees F in the mornings here now. All that aside I'm glad every time I ride that I bought the bike.

yeh love the bike but not the tank range.....

i get 120-125 miles ( normal riding ) before it goes on to reserve by the counter resetting itself....this falls short of what i'm used to so therefore annoying...

im not used to not having a manual fuel tap either that lets you run out of juice once and you know you have another 20 miles at the turn of a tap....:)

That mileage is about the norm for these bikes. Also you're wasting your money putting premium gas in the bike. They were designed for regular gas. Wish the range was better, but Yamaha reduced the Gen II tank to only 4.76 gallons.

The buzzing you guys are hearing could be the plastic piece above the instrument cluster. Quite common issue on our bikes. Oh and it will probably only get worse. The "fix" is here:

http://www.998cc.org/forum/how-tos/359-analytic-directives-solution-about-noisy-fairing.html

I have an 08 and I get about 40mpg. I actually think my mpg is better now that I've done some mods (LAR's airbox mod, bmc filter, slip-on and PC III).

I was getting around 36-37mpg before I did the above mods.

I record my mileage all the time. Since I bought the bike the best ever was 45.26 and the worst 37.15. I haven't actually averaged it out with a calculation but I'd guess 39-40. Most guys start out with a pipe and PCIII. It will usually net you a few more H.P. but you'll mor than likely only notice a change in exhaust note. From that point the sky is the limit. Just remember, you'll be investing non-recoverable moey for the most part.

On my trip Wednesday to the Jersey Shore I averaged 41.6 mpg. Thats running an average of 70-75mph with my son and loaded backpack aboard. I thought that was great. What was even better was that while I am paying $2.81 a gallon here in NY, I was only paying $2.59 down in Jersey. I am very happy with that kind of mileage.

I get 224 ish km/tank. That'll be about 38mpg I think.

Bad news is that we pay £1.05/ltr...that's about £4.78/imperial gallon...that's a lot of dollars.

Back