Another Newbie Suspension question.

The spring is only part of the puzzle. It's job is to hold the bike up and provide the energy to rebound the suspension after being compressed. The R1 shock has more compression and an adjuster to increase or decrease the amount of compression. Remember, compression damping is the ability of the suspension to resist compressing.

The R1 shock has a compression adjuster allowing you add or remove compression. The spring on the R1 shock can be changed.

Thanks for this advice it makes sense to me now. :)

Check out the videos by DAVE MOSS on YOUTUBE.

WOW this guy definitely give some amazing information about suspension and how to set it up and what to expect from it and how to troubleshoot based on the feedback you are getting from the bike! After watching a few of his videos, for a first time i might say that I kinda start to understand how the suspension works! :)

Good stuff, huh?

Now, you will start to have more questions too. For example, where should you have your forks in the clamps? Should you go to a different linkage? Should you run a ride height spacer on the top shock mount? Should you run a higher profile tire?

If you can get the Penske for such a smokin deal, it might be a good idea.

Back