Another reason to be careful friends!

Makes you wonder what a 19 year is doing out after 2am in the morning....a freak accident for sure.....I know that strip of road very well....close to flag pole hill.....Strip joints and liquor stores over there....

Regardless of the state of the 19yo when he was killed, the main point is to be careful of road conditions, there is lots of road debris and junk that gets dropped by vehicles through accidents, blown and shredded truck tires, and poorly secured loads. Stuff you can run over in a car and be ok will knock you down on a motorcycle. Add in the darkness of night and you really have to be careful of the road conditions, never assume your lane is clear just because you don't see any vehicles in your lane.

This re minds me of a crash about 4 weeks back not far from me.
I motorcyclist ran into a support beam that was sticking out the side of a truck carrying part of a house.
The support didn't even have a red flag or any type of warning on it.
The police report said that the motorcyclist was riding into the sun and this is why they say the accident happened.
It always seems to me that the motorcyclist seems to get the blame for crashing.:dontknow:

as a truck driver i know if someone is walking on the trailer.

but pending the cond of the rd the driver could have thought just another bump.

but yes stay away from ALL trucks. and be careful of stuff on the rd.
a couple weeks back there was a shovel flying across a couple lanes, heavy but fast traffic, and out from under a van in front of me. (both side lanes were full) a pitchfork. tines pointed forward to me. center of my lane glad i was in the cage, but it smacked the bottom the the floor hard.
and i will not get into what i have seen flying back and forth from one side to the other on a busy freeway, or just flying in from a side rd.
and some kids like to throw things at you.(rock, bricks, fruit, concrete blocks, motor blocks,(< off over passes) etc...for "fun".
in berzerkly they like to play chicken and run in front of you at the last sec, you hit them you loose in a law suite, you swerve and miss them you hit another car. you loose again. you stop in time..you get rear ended..loose again.

fun times in the city tonight.

Back