Any advice on handlebars please folks!

Hey guys n gals, I am just looking for a little bit of advice if possible please I’d like to change my handlebars on my 08FZ1N to a slightly wider stance to ease a wee bit of wrist ache which I can only put down to the narrow ish bars. (And also would like the look of black over silver as I can be a bit Of a tart when it comes to the “stealth” look)

any how.... I’ve read a couple of things regarding the cables not being long enough in there natural routing habitat.

has any one changed there’s only for wider bars and how much of a faff did you find it? Also are any bars better suited to the fz1? I’ve changed bars out on my older bikes to renthal ones but I now realise that a lot of my changing out was only because my mates did it, where as no I feel that I actually need to change for comfort.
cheers folks and any help will be greatly received.

liam fz1 08

I have changed the stock bars on my 07 FZ1 to Renthal Ultra Lows. They are 2" higher and have a nice sweep angle that will not make your arm/wrist ache. I had to bend the triple tree tab on the stock front brake cables (before i upgraded to steel braided) so they would reach the new bars. I also had to re-route my clutch cable by lifting the tank and moving things around. Note that when you want a wider stance that your controls wont reach the grips. You'll see what i mean in my pic. I am fine with the setup as i have big hands. Hope this helps you out.

Attachments

• IMG_0052.jpeg
    IMG_0052.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0141.jpeg
    IMG_0141.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 53
I've just fitted Renthal bars to my '08 FZ1. Massive difference to comfort!! I fitted heated grips as well as even in summer my hands freeze (I've got very bad arthritis in my hands and fingers). ASV levers fitted at the same time which are much better than standard - but not cheap!

Gen1 bars will be better than renthal handlebar?
I'm looking to replace my handlebars as well cuz standard ones has this wierd angle not suitable for my wrist.
Sorry for refreshment but maybe other people can share their experience.

Back