Anybody got a lead on a 2nd Gen Retro kit?

Strider7

I’m resurrecting this thread, as I need a tank - I recently dented mine and am weighing my options, repair vs possible replacement.

—————-

I know these things are discontinued, but I'm looking for either the whole kit, or just the front fairing.

My front fairing has a crack in it, and I'm trying to check all of my options. I could probably have this one repaired and painted (and that's probably what it's gonna come down to). But if I could find a complete replacement, that might be the better option.

Last edited:
I know these things are discontinued, but I'm looking for either the whole kit, or just the front fairing.

My front fairing has a crack in it, and I'm trying to check all of my options. I could probably have this one repaired and painted (and that's probably what it's gonna come down to). But if I could find a complete replacement, that might be the better option.

I have a whole complete retro kit and an extra retro front fairing...deciding if i want to sell it is the kicker...where are you in Texas?...im in Brenham...

If i sell it wont be cheap...cant find these anymore...

I have a whole complete retro kit and an extra retro front fairing...deciding if i want to sell it is the kicker...where are you in Texas?...im in Brenham...

If i sell it wont be cheap...cant find these anymore...

I'm in Pearland, 20 mins south of Houston. I wouldn't mind talking to you about that front fairing, I don't really need the whole kit.

You should make one of my rides...i post them every week on this site...heres tomorrows ride

Mon. Labor Day Ride...9 am Buc-ees Waller... - MotoHouston.com

One of these days, perhaps ... For now though, I think I've run out of leash - I just got back from what started as a simple trip with Glacier National Park in my sights, but quickly turned into something much more ambitious. In the end it was a tour of 5 National Parks that spanned 17 days, through 11 states. The Missus is keeping me close to home and working on that list of hers for a while.

One of these days, perhaps ... For now though, I think I've run out of leash - I just got back from what started as a simple trip with Glacier National Park in my sights, but quickly turned into something much more ambitious. In the end it was a tour of 5 National Parks that spanned 17 days, through 11 states. The Missus is keeping me close to home and working on that list of hers for a while.

My wife has been brainwashed to thinking she has to ride with me every weekend since i bought her a bike...i can teach you the trick to it if you want...

Ha, ha!! Funny stuff!

No, mine won't ride. I've purchased her a full set of safety gear, except for the boots - but can't get her on a bike ... YET! I'm working on it though. If anything, it'll be on the 1190 since that one is a little roomier.

So what's the deal on your extra retro fairing? Did you convert a bike to a naked round headlight style? If you're willing to part with it, I'd be interested in talking about making a deal on it.

Ha, ha!! Funny stuff!

No, mine won't ride. I've purchased her a full set of safety gear, except for the boots - but can't get her on a bike ... YET! I'm working on it though. If anything, it'll be on the 1190 since that one is a little roomier.

So what's the deal on your extra retro fairing? Did you convert a bike to a naked round headlight style? If you're willing to part with it, I'd be interested in talking about making a deal on it.

Its still a fairing bike...im a parts horder...since the retro stuff is hard to find i buy it anytime i see it for sale...i would probably sell you the one i have on the bike now and put 1of my new ones on it...its in very good shape..has a couple nicks here and there but i touch them up with a paint marker...PM me and i will give you my phone number so i can text you some pics...remember it wont be a giveaway price because i really dont want to sell it but will just to help you out...

This shows you how proud they are of retro stuff....this is a joke...lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/291257321764

Last edited:
Yeah, that's a joke. That fairing could definitely be repaired, but for its condition - the price seems high. I guess maybe if mine was really trashed, or if someone was trying to assemble a kit ...

And sure, I understand that you're not trying to give your stuff away - who does that anyway, lol!

I'll shoot you a PM.

Morgstang:
Wow! You are a parts hoarder. You scared me for a moment - I was afraid something happened to your beautiful 2009 Where are you storing all this stuff?
Strider7:
This guy will give you a fair deal. Honest and straight forward. I have had several dealings with him, and he is a stand-up person. He only has top quality merchandise.
Morgstang:
You owe me $5. for saying this. Ha, ha, ha.
Bill

Morgstang:
Wow! You are a parts hoarder. You scared me for a moment - I was afraid something happened to your beautiful 2009 Where are you storing all this stuff?
Strider7:
This guy will give you a fair deal. Honest and straight forward. I have had several dealings with him, and he is a stand-up person. He only has top quality merchandise.
Morgstang:
You owe me $5. for saying this. Ha, ha, ha.
Bill

Remember your helmet?.....muahahaha!!!!....hi Bill thanks for the compliment...

Five years later, and Back From the Dead!

Can anyone help me out with a Retro tank or full Kit?

I recently dented my tank and am weighing my options repair vs replacement.

If someone has a full kit, I’d probably be interested in buying it.

Thanks!

Back