Anyone else had an awesome ride today?

What a gorgeous awesome day.
Similar weather here in New England they're predicting low 80s next week. I've done the lay down thing. Nothin cool about it.

Your raised handle bars are in the right location to avoid contact with tank in a tip over. I know your pretty tall, but I'm wondering if having them higher would reduce leverage if you start to loose it............ although with no right leg under you leverage matters little.

If you spin through all the crashed tanks on the bay you'll see the same handle bar end dent in the majority of them. Glad you got out. I been riding most days unfortunately just 100 mile runs. I prefer twice that.

Similar weather here in New England they're predicting low 80s next week. I've done the lay down thing. Nothin cool about it.

Your raised handle bars are in the right location to avoid contact with tank in a tip over. I know your pretty tall, but I'm wondering if having them higher would reduce leverage if you start to loose it............ although with no right leg under you leverage matters little.

If you spin through all the crashed tanks on the bay you'll see the same handle bar end dent in the majority of them. Glad you got out. I been riding most days unfortunately just 100 mile runs. I prefer twice that.
Wow Isleoman, I wish I could still ride 100 miles. Since my back operation, most of my rides at best are 40, 60 miles. Summer is coming soon. Once it starts hitting around 90° with 75% humidity I'm done..Bike gets parked for about 6 weeks.

Re: riding in heat and humidity, I found a solution that makes a huge difference for me, especially on shorter rides. I will use my outdoor water hose on my head, shoulders, and chest right before I put my helmet and jacket on. I have a "mist" setting on the nozzle that is perfect for this. Keeps me VERY cool for the first 15-20 miles. By that time, I'm usually "into" the ride and the heat is bearable...

Re: riding in heat and humidity, I found a solution that makes a huge difference for me, especially on shorter rides. I will use my outdoor water hose on my head, shoulders, and chest right before I put my helmet and jacket on. I have a "mist" setting on the nozzle that is perfect for this. Keeps me VERY cool for the first 15-20 miles. By that time, I'm usually "into" the ride and the heat is bearable...
Armored mesh works for me to 95F after that it takes desperation i.e. a few days of no riding. I also try to pick shady routes on scorchers, which makes a difference.

Zipping my jacket down is all i need. I blame the 4 decades in washington for my behavior. I will never forget last summer riding to a friends house and my dash said 116.

Those are the Michelin Pilot Road 4s. They have been updated to the 6s. I just keep getting the 4s cause they are still available and cheaper. I ride very smooth and don’t hammer it much. I was a crazy rider for yrs and yrs and just enjoy being smooth. Dirt bikes scratch that itch.

I do get good tracking all around. Not a track rider. But they handle what Ive thrown.
I've had two sets of PR4s and know have the PR6s on my bike now. I love them both. I like the turn in on the front PR6 better. But both last forever and would run either again!

Back