Anyone from Austin??

thinking about hitting the hill country on a 2 up on sunday.....

Hey I got excited about going out there...So, I went early last Saturday out to Fredericksburg, down 16 to Medina and 337 to the twisted sisters. Great riding and loved it! I noticed that Vanderpool/Lost Maples loop but didn't take it. Sounds like a definite option. I went out solo, but we should ride for sure. The more the better.

Don't take Hwy 16 to Medina unless looking for a hard working road. TX 173 is a better choice to get there unless you intend to do the twisty route.

I went out solo, but we should ride for sure. The more the better.

More to it too and it only gets better. I have a lot of weekend work lined up through December but always open to invitations. And..........I am familiar with this area. I live here.

Last edited:
Don't take Hwy 16 to Medina unless looking for a hard working road. TX 173 is a better choice to get there unless you intend to do the twisty route.

More to it too and it only gets better. I have a lot of weekend work lined up through December but always open to invitations. And..........I am familiar with this area. I live here.

Duly noted. I actually really enjoyed 16 from Kerrville to Medina. Have to try 173 for comparison. I used to ride in Smoky Mountains of NC so twisties are fine by me.

Last edited:
16 is pretty tight going over that ridge south of Kerrville but not bad otherwise.
173 is a freeway by comparison but avoids the ridge and gets you in the area quicker.

I just moved down to Cedar Park (right on the west edge, just inside travis Cty on 1431), I'd love to meet up with some local riders and start exploring around here. PM me if anyone wants to tough out this horrific TX winter (sorry, being a michigan transplant I couldn't help but give a little ribbing) :)

Good Evening fellow FZ1 riders,

I am semi-new to the forum but plan to start being more active. I currently live in the Round Rock area and ride every chance I get. :wazzup: Do anyone live up in the Round Rock area?

Back