anyone use tank pad or grip tape on tank?

I cannot get a good grip with my knees on the tank, anyone have any suggestions on what to use? I have a Gen 2 FZ1

I was looking at some stompgrip tank pad from Revzilla.

Suggestions anyone?

Thanks!!

I used the stomp grip. Still had to trim here and there for a proper fit. I got a few air bubbles (big time visible due to it being clear). Just use a pin to pop and squeeze out the air.

+1 for techspec. Had them on for 4 years now and not a single issue. I also have a set of stompgrip but never used it because it looked like it was more grip than I needed.

I have the Stompgrip. Love the grip.

The negatives, after 34,000 miles the edges are coming unglued (PHX heat likely the cause), and the grip is so good it wears out the inner thigh seems of my jeans and pants that I wear riding the most. I'm a commuter for work on my Fz1 and there is no way in hell I'm wearing riding pants in 115 degree heat.

I used Techspec on my FZ1 and now on my Tuono. On my FZ, the adhesive layer started to separate from the grip itself. I sent them a picture and they sent me out a new one, no questions asked. On my Tuono, the same thing happened to both. I sent them pictures and again, they sent out a new set no questions asked. I just superglued the layers back together and it's good as new, so now I just have a new set for whenever I need them. I'll always go back to Techspec. Excellent customer service goes a long way.

I just installed TechSpec Snake Skin Tank pads on my 2013 FZ8, i had some extra Revzilla Cash, so I figured what the hell, Although they are expensive for just a piece of rubber, they do their job very well. I slid forward especially with a passenger. I also have a Shad seat which helped a ton, but the tank grips made me stick in position like glue! Also I noticed in cold weather the tank would get cold and radiate through my legs and freeze me, the rubber has cut that almost completely out.

Hard to justify buying them until you have them for a week. Then you understand why they are so good

-B
11180084_10153192492692110_2072775999_n.jpg

I just installed TechSpec Snake Skin Tank pads on my 2013 FZ8, i had some extra Revzilla Cash, so I figured what the hell, Although they are expensive for just a piece of rubber, they do their job very well. I slid forward especially with a passenger. I also have a Shad seat which helped a ton, but the tank grips made me stick in position like glue! Also I noticed in cold weather the tank would get cold and radiate through my legs and freeze me, the rubber has cut that almost completely out.

Hard to justify buying them until you have them for a week. Then you understand why they are so good

-B
View attachment 22240

That looks really good and I hear all good things about them. I ride a little aggressive at times and I've heard they are good at keeping your corning position intact and from unnecessary shifting. I ordered the Snake Skin as well at a cost of $45 USD + shipping to Canada. If you're in the US then $45 includes shipping. I'm actually quite surprised more Gen1 owners aren't interested.

I went with the stomp grip because it has move coverage.

yCfL3hW.png

Back