Anyone using these for hauling?

FZ1inTX

Adminstrator
Saw these on a CL ad and looked 'em up.

Kafé Tie Down Clamp

IMG_3312.jpg

IMG_3047.jpg

They look like a good idea... but I do like my Canyon Dancers a lot too.

Has anyone used a system like above or the Canyon Dancer with ROX pivoting risers? Would it put too much stress on the risers or original mounts adding the 2.5" in height?

Thanks,

MrHix

I have clip ons and I dont trust them with the canyon dancers. I run a strap around the neck down to take most of the stress. I still use the canyon dancer also, I just snug them down for stability.

Saw these on a CL ad and looked 'em up.

Kafé Tie Down Clamp

They look like a good idea... but I do like my Canyon Dancers a lot too.

These look awesome!!!
Thanks for the heads up. I have to admit - when I picked up my R1 - the guy who I bought it from taught me to just loop the ends of the straps around the handlebars and simply tie it down. I have moved my various bikes at least a dozen times and that has worked better than anything I have ever used.

Last edited:
As I stated in the first post, I do use the Canyon Dancers for our bikes. I thought these were a solid alternative if anyone was looking for a durable product.

I swear by the Dancers though... they cannot come off at all once cinched into place. And I ONLY use tie-downs with closed clipped ends. I've seen a bike on a trailer hit a huge bump, compress the fork just enough to let the open hook out of the loop.... down it went!

Then you have the folks who ratchet down their bikes so tight they either blow the seals OR bend the handlebars... Gives me a wicked big LOL when I hear about them I must admit! ;) (Sorry if this was any of you... well, not really!)

trailer

buy a pit bull trailer restraint....it will be the best $250 you have spent in a long time. No more suspension compression and it takes me 30 seconds to load/unload

Back