Anzac day

Fangn

Hey guys lets all raise a glass & pay tribute to the Anzacs & all the diggers who have fought & are currently fighting to help keep this country the best country in this world!!
:australia::cheers:

I think you have Veterans Day? A day to remember and honour past and present service men and women. ANZAC stands for Austalian New Zealand Army Corps.

Guess I should do a google search? I feel underprepared. I have no idea what that means.....no offense.

Anzac Day in Australia is basically a day where we remember and pay tribute to the soldiers who died during war in an attempt to keep this great country free. Anzac stands for Australian and New Zealand Army Corps. and is based on our first major military action fought during WW1. Worth a google search - the Australian contribution to keep the free world free was, and still is, quite significant. Cheers.

My Dad was in WWII. One thing that sticks in my mind is just before he died he said that he couldn't believe how fast his life had gone by and he thinks of the young blokes that he served with. He said that they would roll over in their graves if they new what the real outcome of the war ended up being.
He said that really the Japanese won the war as nearly every thing is made in Japan.
Yes they fought to keep us free but I just wish someone would explain this to the Government as they are doing a good job of taking our freedom away.

First time in years that I haven't been a part of, or attended a dawn service in years. I hope everyone had a great day and knocked back a few cold ones for our fallen.

Hey guys lets all raise a glass & pay tribute to the Anzacs & all the diggers who have fought & are currently fighting to help keep this country the best country in this world!!
:australia::cheers:

I was at the Canberra War Memorial when they blew "stand fast" and I turned and faced the flag. At attention. To remember and pay tribute to those lost.

May God Bless the Aussies for remembering those who gave themselves for others.

Guess I should do a google search? I feel underprepared. I have no idea what that means.....no offense.

Frank,

Just between you and me, these folks have supported us and fought in every foreign war we've fought, with 10% of our population.

These people are tough and dedicated and from a frontier nation, such as ours. I'd go into a fight with an Aussie at my side without another thought.

Good on ya, Mates!

Gary

Back