Arrow race headers.

Delta

Ok so I've done it. Ordered a set of stainless Arrow race headers (collectors)
Just got to wait for delivery now. I'm hoping they will be a nice match for my Micron serpent titanium end can.
I'm wondering if the sound will alter much also..

I didn't notice any change in sound when I got my Arrow headers.

They are beautifully constructed and give a nice boost to the top end power.

Sent from my Nexus 5

So i was literally just about to make a thread about mine. However not meant to thread jack, I feel it's appropriate to add this in here.

I'm actually very very un happy with mine. Are the Welds beautiful? Yes. Did it turn a nice and beautiful gold after heated up? Yes.

However, my grip is the 'flange' system. Instead of traditional flanges or whatever, they use springs to hold the exhaust system up. The only flanges are to the cylinder head and hold the gasket in place, the springs clamp to the flange and then a welded little hook on the header pipe.

Now at first, All was great. No leaks. Purchased new oem gaskets as well when I did it. I went ahead and checked just incase and no, It's not leaking from there.

Instead, it is leaking from where the pipe goes into the flange (being held up by the springs).

I'm kinda at a loss here and not sure which direction I should go. It truly sounds nasty at times. I can literally push cylinder 3's exhaust pipe over a little bit with my hand and the sound will go away. Okay good, but once I start riding down the road, it usually goes back to position to start leaking again.

Now I googled Arrow Racing Header leak and I actually found quite a lot of remarks and forums/threads regarding the same issue I am having. All different bikes. It seems to be the spring design.

What they're doing with what seems like maybe a 75% success rate, is putting high temp silicone or something along those lines around the pipe and then inserting it. I'm not particularly into this method, I just wish it would seal on its own..

I'm not the person to call and complain to a company and what not, and to top it off it took quite a while to receive this header. So I 1: don't know what direction they'd take to rectify it 2: if I had to send them mine and wait for a new one, I really really don't feel like having to disassemble everything again and have the bike be down for weeks especially with nicer weather coming up.

Enough rambling... Any suggestions or similar experience with header leak??

Bloody eck I hope mine will be ok. That's not good to find out just after I've ordered mine. I've ordered them from Italy and it would be a pain in the butt to send them back if they also leak. I'm wondering what the guarantee period is...
If you find a solution or anyone else reading this post knows of one then please let us know.

Cheers

Delta.

I always contact the company when I have trouble with a product. More often than not, they are very helpful and offer a solution to my trouble quickly and easily. I don't see why Arrow would be any different. Definitely email them.

I've had no issues with mine. I'd contact Arrow and the supplier you purchased from and see what they are willing to do to fix the issue.

Did you use the supplied grease on the joints when you fit it all together?

That's even better news that most of you have had no problems with the Arrow headers. I'm wondering if that one down pipe is just a bad fit?
Let us know if you find a cure. Keep posting guys I'd like to hear more..

Yes the flanges are on correctly. Also would like to note that I did use the supplied grease that came with it.

I dont know.. Maybe I'll send them an email this week and see where it leads.

I had leakage problems with mine when they were on the '09 bike, but not at the head, the other joints. When I installed them I did use their supplied sealant. When I moved them to the '13 FZ1, I put them together with Ultra Copper from Permatex and they have been trouble-free since. On the '09, they sounds like hell until the bike warmed up and expanded the joints. With the Ultra Copper, there are no more issues.

Ok I picked up the Arrow headers today and they was on the bike within the hour. Took it for a quick squirt and they are just fantastic. Better pick up and mid range and the tone has changed too, sounding better. No issues with leaks or fitting. I'm happy and the bike looks awesome. Highly recommended headers.

Delta

Ok I picked up the Arrow headers today and they was on the bike within the hour. Took it for a quick squirt and they are just fantastic. Better pick up and mid range and the tone has changed too, sounding better. No issues with leaks or fitting. I'm happy and the bike looks awesome. Highly recommended headers.

Delta

Pics or it never happened :)

Pics or it never happened :)

Ha ha. I will post some pics as soon as I transfer from my phone to photo bucket.
I tried using my phone but it wouldn't let me so it looks like from phone via photo bucket then a link put on here. What a hassle there must be an easier way lol.
P.s the bike runs a lot smoother now with faster pick up. Happy as feck.

Looks like you have the same exhaust set up as me, Arrow headers to a micron GP slip on. Nice.

Yes the GP micron from the serpent system and the Arrow race headers. Sounds awesome..! New foot pegs and carbon heel plates ordered too. I'm also looking for a full set of wavey discs, just haven't found the ones yet...

Back