AZ FZ Riders

Hi all,

I thought I'd start a thread for the Arizona guys to hopefully all subscribe to. That way if you're going for a ride, try to post it a day or two or more in advance and then we all would get notified, a lot easier than a bunch of PM's.

Please post the following info:
Date & Estimated Time of Departure
Departure location
Estimated Route (If you could pull up a google maps and copy the link in there that would be sweet)
Estimated Time for the ride
Estimated Stops (i.e. for brunch/lunch/coffee/gas)

Maybe if you are an AZ guy if you could just post a brief reply 'subbed, can't wait to ride.' or where you are from (mesa, scottsdale, tucson, etc) and then that way we can also get a good idea of how many AZ riders are out there and when planning routes make it easier to include everyone

Cheers,

Schuyler

p.s. maybe an admin could sticky/thumb tack this for us.

Hi guys,

I'm thinking about taking a ride on Saturday. I've been watching the weather and originally it said snow for Saturday in Payson but it looks to be sunny with only a 10% chance of precipitation.

Depart: Saturday 10am from Fountain Hills Chevron just off the AZ87

Route: Up to Payson for early lunch at Macky's Grill
Then to Camp Verde to Phoenix or back home depends on the temp and if there is any rain/snow.

Estimated time: 1 hour up to Payson, then either about 2.5 hours loop around camp verde or 1 hour back down to Phoenix

Estimated stops: I'll need to get gas at the Chevron, in Payson, and Campe Verde. Dang FZ1 guzzles gas, a freaking R1 gets 40 mpg and I get 29 mpg. We'll be doing lunch at Mackey's Grills, I was up there on Monday and I had the Cowboy Melt and it was really good.

http://goo.gl/maps/drGJR

I will wake up Saturday morning and try to post a confirmation of departure between 8-9, again I'm keeping an eye on the weather. Dress warm it said it will be a high of 48F up there.

Update for Today 2-8-2013

David323 and myself are going for a ride from the Chandler Mall to Gila Bend to get an alien burger and back. It's mostly super slab but we are retreating from the cold/wet weather up north.

Chandler Mall in front of Dillard's by Best Buy
Departing 930-945
Destination Gila Bend, Space Age Restaurant 401 E Pima ST
Dress warm cause it's only a high of 53F

Unfortunately I can only do rides Sunday, Mondays, and Tuesdays unless I have enough advance notice. Ride to Gila Bend to the Space Age lodge would have been fun.

Unfortunately I can only do rides Sunday, Mondays, and Tuesdays unless I have enough advance notice. Ride to Gila Bend to the Space Age lodge would have been fun.

Well, I am free Sunday, Monday and Tuesday right now, well most of the time I'm free.

I might be up for another ride tomorrow, Sunday 2-9. Let me know if you're interrested and we can pick a route. Gotta keep an eye on the weather.

Well, I am free Sunday, Monday and Tuesday right now, well most of the time I'm free.

I might be up for another ride tomorrow, Sunday 2-9. Let me know if you're interrested and we can pick a route. Gotta keep an eye on the weather.

Hmm, 2-9 pm huh... can't really think of a short ride in between where U and I are. Maybe next week or the week after we can plan something thats lil earlier and bit longer. Tortilla or Roosevelt lake maybe?

I can go earlier if need be. I just was going to do some cleaning but that can always wait to do that.

Let me know, I'm flexible, I just want to get out and ride as much as possible. I live over near Old Town Scottsdale.

subbed shortly:confused: on that note how do i subscribe. My name is Ryan i live in tucson arizona would love to go on some good rides. In school right now so schedules tight but will definitely join you guys sometime if i get the time.

subbed shortly:confused: on that note how do i subscribe. My name is Ryan i live in tucson arizona would love to go on some good rides. In school right now so schedules tight but will definitely join you guys sometime if i get the time.

If you scroll down on the page you replied at, there is 'Additional Option' there is a 'thread subscription' that provides a drop down option list. I usually select 'instant email notification' so that I get them right away on my phone. Such as for the Riding Game I get instant email notification so that I can get the updates when I'm out and about and can get some of them done before somebody else.

I haven't been able to do much, I am sitting on $400 bux in the bank account waiting to come out so I am a bit paranoid about touching it. My wife and I wrote a check for a down payment on a Pembroke Welsh Corgi pup.

Wednesday I may be up for something short. I need to hit up a meeting at 19th/ cactus for a few hours but after that I am free.

Maybe a South Mountain ride. I have something in the middle of the day Wednesday but should be free after 2 I'm betting.

I love hitting up South Mountain during the week when everyone else is at work.

Well, is anyone up for a ride this saturday/sunday?

I'm working Saturday but was looking at this Sunday, pending weather.

How bout a meetup in Apache Junction (somebody who is familiar with the area, pick a spot ( I only know the Walgreen's/CVS that is right off the 60) ride out to the Globe (maybe the Walmart, because that is the biggest landmark before turning on to the 188), then on the 188 up to Jake's Corner Store (I met an old couple from Payson and they said it's a great spot to stop and snack/lunch), then on the way on 87, those who are in Mesa etc, can bust off and go to the Bush Highway back down, I'll continue on to Fountain Hills and then back into Scottsdale.

View attachment 13308

Google maps lists the distance at 216 miles. The only tough spot for me will be that I have about a 100-120 mile rideable distance before I need fuel. So i'll probably be topping off in both Miami-Globe and Jakes Corner, LOL. Dam liter bike.

Estimated departure around 10 in Apache Junction (I have about a 40 minute ride to get there)

I'm working Saturday but was looking at this Sunday, pending weather.

How bout a meetup in Apache Junction (somebody who is familiar with the area, pick a spot ( I only know the Walgreen's/CVS that is right off the 60) ride out to the Globe (maybe the Walmart, because that is the biggest landmark before turning on to the 188), then on the 188 up to Jake's Corner Store (I met an old couple from Payson and they said it's a great spot to stop and snack/lunch), then on the way on 87, those who are in Mesa etc, can bust off and go to the Bush Highway back down, I'll continue on to Fountain Hills and then back into Scottsdale.

View attachment 13308

Google maps lists the distance at 216 miles. The only tough spot for me will be that I have about a 100-120 mile rideable distance before I need fuel. So i'll probably be topping off in both Miami-Globe and Jakes Corner, LOL. Dam liter bike.

Estimated departure around 10 in Apache Junction (I have about a 40 minute ride to get there)

Meetup spot changed to the Valero in Apache Junction at the corner of the 60 and Tomahawk at 10am.

I will be meeting 2 other riders, hope to see others there, Probably will roll out at 1010 after giving everyone a chance to top off.

Weather looks to be chilly in the low 50s to mid 40s with some strong gusts of wind.

Saturday 4/27/2013, ride to Mt. Lemon

AZ FZ Riders - Page 3 - Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum

Ssky0078 and I are planning to ride Mt Lemmon Sat. April 27th. Likely route is US 60 from Mesa to Superior then down 177/77 to Catalina then around and up to the summit of Mt Lemmon. If anyone wants to join us (or meet us in Tucson for that portion of the ride) we'd be glad to have you along.

Back