AZ FZ Riders

you guys have a good time.
i did the math this morning and realized we likely wont be back in time for me me to make some plans i have tonight.

Yeah I just got home at 7pm. We had 2 guys bail when we got to Tucson because they realized how long it was. I was thinking we'd get home by 6, but ohh well an hour isn't that big of a difference. Hope you have fun tonight Pat.

Sounds good. I'll probably be leaving around 9 am.

Did we miss you? We were at Best Buy till 920 almost. Hope you can make the next one.

Yeah I just got home at 7pm.

Glad you guys made it--that was a LONG RIDE to do in one day.

Guess I looked at the map wrong, I thought you were taking 177 thru Winkleman (where we turned off). :sport12:

We went and had breakfast at Maria's, one mile before the turnoff to 77. Decided to go back the same way instead of looping around Globe as it was getting HOT.

We were back home @ 12:30.

Here it is so you know what to look for next time.

(dated pic in October on Silver before I got Blackie)
Maria%2527s.jpg

Good place to eat. :)

Maria%2527s1.jpg

G

Where were you? :sport12

If we are going to do another one I might be up for next Sat.

Once again, I'm sorry for the confusion. You posted right after my post number 32 and I thought you were saying you would let me know if you can go on my Sunday ride. I had to work Saturday so I couldn't make that one. I don't post much on forums but when I do I usually quote who I'm replying to. I'm free the weekend of the 11-12th. Maybe we can get together then.

holy smokes its toasty out there!

a buddy and i went out for a shortish loop, up 17, then across 260 to 87 towards town. it was really nice up there today. but then we had to come back to the furnace. :shine:

stay hydrated everyone!

Once again, I'm sorry for the confusion. You posted right after my post number 32 and I thought you were saying you would let me know if you can go on my Sunday ride. I had to work Saturday so I couldn't make that one. I don't post much on forums but when I do I usually quote who I'm replying to. I'm free the weekend of the 11-12th. Maybe we can get together then.

no problem...

Jan and I had a good ride Saturday up thru Winkleman and having breakfast at Maria's.

We already talked about going back this Sat, but earlier--it's getting HOT!
Not sure I can do 11-12th.

East Valley Ride this Saturday 5/4

Ok guys it's getting HOT too soon, so I need to get in some rides before it's lake time.

Not sure if anyone is up to it after last w/e's Marathon Run but I had the directions mixed up and we turned right as we left Superior although we were not going to Mt Lemon anyway.

Jan and I had a good ride Saturday up thru Winkleman and we are going back for breakfast at Maria's.

In the past we have looped around and gone into Globe, but not sure with the HEAT.

Anyway last w/e we were back at home @ 12:30 East Mesa to Hayden and back and you can still function later in the day... :stunta]:

We do plan to get an earlier start.

Meet at the Circle K (Higley & 60) @ 8am, kickstands up 8:10 if anyone wants to join us.

Circle K to Circle K - Google Maps

Gary

Last edited:
Looks like I will be going on a ride on 6/15 and 6/16 to Alpine. I will most likely be taking the 191 up and probably coming back down the 180 staying overnight in Alpine. Anyone who wants to tag along is more then welcome. I figure us Tucson guys can meet up with any phoenix peeps in Safford. Should be a nice vacation from the heat.

hey folks, we talked about a ride this weekend in another thread, but a couple of my SV buddies and i are heading out on Sunday if you are interested.

route is below, meeting at the Shell just north of 202 on the Beeline/87 in Mesa at about 8.
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...aFQ7RIrhzGsG0o1-MdpjA&oq=phoen&mra=ls&t=m&z=8

pace is usually pretty decent but no one gets left behind ever.
PM me if you want to go and i can give you my number.

hey folks, we talked about a ride this weekend in another thread, but a couple of my SV buddies and i are heading out on Sunday if you are interested.

route is below, meeting at the Shell just north of 202 on the Beeline/87 in Mesa at about 8.
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...aFQ7RIrhzGsG0o1-MdpjA&oq=phoen&mra=ls&t=m&z=8

pace is usually pretty decent but no one gets left behind ever.
PM me if you want to go and i can give you my number.

Cant say for 100% butbi might, nerd baby sitter if I get a go ill PM ya.

I am planning on taking a ride up Yarnell and the Spars on Saturday, October 19 with a friend of mine.

Meetup
Where: Chevron on I-17 and Carefree highway (just east of exit)
When: 9 am on Saturday, October 19
Who: Sky (Fz1) and Brian (Monster 696)

We are both 35+ year old relatively reasonable guys. Don't go too fast but have fun. No wheelies or stunter BS (I feel like this should be a standard disclaimer after that group ride BS in NYC).

Edit: It will take about 2 hours from the Chevron to Prescott. When there the plan is to stop at Dinner Bell Cafe and have brunch for about an hour then turn around and head back. Should be back by 3.

The Spars
View attachment 16210
We probably will just go back down Yarnell and Spars or if anyone wants to fast track it you can go back to the I-17
View attachment 16211

Last edited:
thats a great ride, i probably take that ride twice a month.
too much going on this weekend to join you though.

watch out for the LEO on hill up to Yarnell and in the Spars.

and most important, have a great ride!

Back