bar options

oldschoolsdime92

So I've been riding some 08 fz6 bars for quite sometime and after swapping to a sargent seat, I feel slightly cramped up, and they are a touch too tall. I have some o.e titanium option bars and alone is way too aggressive.I'm short( 5,7). Does anyone have any input on things to try ? I've never had stock fz1 bars on the bike and wonder about those.

IMAG1285.jpg

I had GenII bars on my GenI from the day I bought it. I too wondered about the "stock" bars and wound up buying a set. After two weeks I removed them and went back to the GenII bars. I just didn't like the stock position. I think the "black" straight bars in your pic look cool. I wish I would have had mine in black as well.

Oh Brandt sorry, I actually passed them off to one of the Jersey guys that we rode with a year or so ago. They felt way too high for me. Even though I'm an "old fart" I have the brain of a 20 year old and never wanted anything but a sportbike with clip-ons. The low straight bars were the closest I could get on the FZ1 and they just felt more natural to me. I've actually been pretty well off with the YZF and have done at least two 200 mile days on it without much discomfort. My usual ride is usually 140 miles round trip and now that I'm using the Tommie Copper Knee Sleeves, even my knees feel good after a long ride. Don't ask me "how they work", they just do!

Back