Best Bike I've Ever Owned

My 1978 Yamaha XS11 needs more work and instead of missing out on the few months of riding weather we get in Minnesota I decided to buy another bike. One that ran. I found a 2009 FZ1 in mint condition in northern Minnesota and boy does it run! Joined this forum to learn from fellow FZ owners and share my experiences. It doesn't need much but I've always had a throttle lock on my motorcycles and would like to add one to the FZ1. If you've found one you like please let me know. Also I'm looking for a new helmet since my open face isn't going to cut it on this street fighter. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• My Motorcycle.png
    My Motorcycle.png
    848.2 KB · Views: 8
On my Gen 1 I have a throttlemiester. Only way to find one of those is used. Helmets are all about what fits your head, but I agree - an open face on an FZ1 is asking to get hit in the face with stuff.

On my Gen 1 I have a throttlemiester. Only way to find one of those is used. Helmets are all about what fits your head, but I agree - an open face on an FZ1 is asking to get hit in the face with stuff.
Thanks oldjeep, I looked at the throttlemiester and couldn't figure out how to set it without holding the twist grip with your left hand and tightening it with the right hand. Is their a way to set it with your right hand only?

You just grab it with the throttle as you accelerate a little bit. Then once the friction is up you can play with the throttle alone to get it set where you want. Mine was missing the friction plate so I just have an o-ring between the bar and throttle lock.

Back