Bike security chains & locks

I would worry more about deep freezing it and breaking, that is what makes chains vulnerable. IMHO all these security items help to prevent only the non-professional theft, while all more organized attempts will most likely not be prevented.
Nowadays I do not use any lock anymore and in former times I used a disc brake lock. A chain was always to heavy and adds only a small fraction of security.

I have a chain from Pragmasis, it's a company located in England and its the most heavy duty chain i've seen. Its boron steel has anti freezing properties and its almost impossible to be cut with bolt cutters.
Security Product Detailed Information
I pass the chain through the hole in the swingarm and this is the reason i didn't go for the 19mm chain, i am almost sure that this cant be done with the 19mm chain.
The thing that surprised me was the communication, they replied to all my questions (and there were a lot) within an hour even on Sunday afternoon...
Of course none of the security products can provide 100% protection but i think these chains prevent a thief to even try to steal the bike...

I have a chain from Pragmasis, it's a company located in England and its the most heavy duty chain i've seen. Its boron steel has anti freezing properties and its almost impossible to be cut with bolt cutters.
I pass the chain through the hole in the swingarm and this is the reason i didn't go for the 19mm chain, i am almost sure that this cant be done with the 19mm chain.
The thing that surprised me was the communication, they replied to all my questions (and there were a lot) within an hour even on Sunday afternoon...
Of course none of the security products can provide 100% protection but i think these chains prevent a thief to even try to steal the bike...

The Almax company also do a 16mm chain. All anti freeze anti bolt crop anti wedge etc. They claim the worlds strongest chain..!
The squire padlock is also very good rated ce6 or something which means it's top of the range in its kind but not as expensive as some. It fits the Almax chain perfect so they say.
I might buy the 16mm chain. It's for use in my brick built Gararge that also has a sold secure Gararge defender on it.
You have to try to make it hard for these cesspit scum.

I've just looked at that chain and lock again, it's good fella and I might even go for the 16mm and that untouchable padlock too myself. Bloody good deal at £128.95 for the 1.5mtr chain and lock. It's for use in my Gararge and its a fab deal, nice one fella

Back