Billet Cargo Rack Review

Hey Guys, this will be one of many posts reviewing the New Billet Cargo / Fender Eliminator Rack that is Givi Monokey compatible. I just received this rack the other day. The rack was shipped promptly and received within a couple days. My initial communications with Jared Scaggs, developer of this product, have gone beyond expectations. Jared has even provided me with a home phone number for installation support beyond the installation instructions. The rack came, of course, un-assembled and completely wrapped in bubble wrap. All the parts look to support much more than a normal Givi Top Case. It looks impressive already. I can't wait to get this install going. I already have a SW-Motech rack on the FZ so I'll be doing comparison pictures. I can tell you that this rack should completely change the look of my bike from that SW monstrosity. I'll be posting install pictures and my opinion on the install.

I'm also posting on the other fz1 forum.

Before installing this rack I wanted to take pictures of my FZ1 with my current SW-Motech setup. I tried to hit different angles to show some of the reasons I'm looking forward to the new install. I really dislike the way that the rack wraps around the tail section taking away from the design of the bike. I understand the design and appreciate the structure but man is it ugly. The current setup with the Targa FE definitely gets the job done but it takes away the sporty design of the FZ1. I'm going to install the rack tomorrow night.

Just completed the install today. I took my time taking off my old rack and putting on this one. It took me the same amount of time to take off the SW-Motech rack, that I installed, as it did to install the new rack. I honestly feel that the install was pretty easy especially in comparison to the old rack. The most "difficult" part was sliding in the front reinforcement piece, it took me like 2-3 minutes lol. The tail section did have to be removed for a short time so that these reinforcement pieces can be installed. The reinforcements are formed perfect to fit along side the stock reinforcement plate for the license plate mount. What I like is the rack is assembled previous to install which makes this so easy. Once the rack is assembled it simply bolts into place where the stock fender/license plate bracket mounts. The SW-Motech rack does not assemble this easily since each piece attaches separately and it needs to be tightened just right to get everything to meet.

The rack comes with a license plate bracket, LED plate light and holes for turn signals. I feel like a lot of thought went into even the simple pieces. Even these parts installed easily and look great. The top plate of this rack can be adjusted forward or back. Once installed I put weight on the rack to see what would happen. My girlfriend and I watched the whole bike move. I honestly expected to see only the rear of the tail section move. I don't have the Givi mount yet so I can't test that yet. I will be ordering this kit soon.

You'll notice below that I have included pictures of the bike before install without the SW-Motech rack, installation pictures and finished pictures. I personally feel that the rack really fits the FZ. You can see in the pictures that I have some mods done and it seems that the bike has more flow. I feel that the old rack was just a simply developed bolt on product not taking into account someone who might want the bike to look a bit sleeker(like most everyone on this forum). Check out the pictures and see what you guys think. If anyone is local I can meet up to show you guys.

In general I am very impressed with the design, thought and materials put into this rack. It's nice to see what a person can think of and produce. I personally think I would invest in this product remembering that a big company name isn't attached.

Back