Bridgestone T30 EVO

Ok cool, I can't wait to hear about it when you get home :)

Rubber verified!

I've only done my work week commute so far but I am enjoying the smooth ride of these T30s. I actually forgot just how well the VFR rides on these tires! I'll try to get out this week for some proper riding and report back later.

Put some time on the EVOs today and am quite satisfied. They are definitely not as sporty in profile as the Roadsmart IIs and the bike steers a little more lazily but they are very stable. I'm sure they will be a very nice tire two up as well.

I look forward to trying out their wet weather performance at some point as that is supposed to be the real advantage of these over the previous iteration.

Put some time on the EVOs today and am quite satisfied. They are definitely not as sporty in profile as the Roadsmart IIs and the bike steers a little more lazily but they are very stable. I'm sure they will be a very nice tire two up as well.

I look forward to trying out their wet weather performance at some point as that is supposed to be the real advantage of these over the previous iteration.

I can say the T30 Evo is a fantastic tyre better than the T30... I've done 3500 miles so far on my T30 evo's and 4000 on the older T30 and most of it is fast A roads twisty bends thrashing the tits off it.. never had a loss of grip even when pushing it hard. The shoulders of the tyre are soft and grippy and just ace in the fast bends. No chicken strips on my tyres guys. The centre of the tyre is a harder compound and if you do a lot of miles riding upright on the middle of the tyre then expect them to well outlast a sports tyre. I won't be buying anymore super sticky sports tyres again when the bike handles this good on the T30 evo. It rides the same in the bends as any sports tyre will. I wouldn't say lazy either just smooth roll in. I can flick my bike very easy. If the suspension and damping is set right then you will love them. I'll buy again for sure.

1000 km of dry riding on these now and I will officially give them 2 thumbs up. The gal and I rode the winding road up to Mt. Baker today and the bike was absolutely lovely. These are excellent two up tires for this bike.

Minor complaint: I wish the front tire gave a little more feedback as I don't feel quite as connected to the front wheel as I'd like.
I am very keen on trying these things out in the rain as Bridgestone has really made an effort to highlight the wet grip of the EVO

Well, it's snowing here and my bike is now parked for a day or two so I thought I'd update this with a further review of the T30 EVOs.

I have 7500 km on them now and have been through every kind of condition and am very happy indeed. First of all, they are wearing very well so far and I'm seeing minimal squaring off of the rear and very little to no scalloping on either tire. Dry weather performance is good as I mentioned before but I think the biggest surprise is the wet weather performance. Bridgestone was definitely selling the improved wet grip over the previous T30 and I can say there is absolutely an improvement. Where the T30 before had pretty good wet weather grip and feel, these are actually phenomenal, especially when it's both cold & wet. I just went through a November where it rained 27 out of 30 days and I would say the average temperature was 5*C (41*F) and I never once felt like I needed more grip or feedback. Very confidence inspiring.

The only nit I can pick with these is a long warm-up time in the cold and a general vague feeling when they're not up to a reasonable temperature. I suppose that's to be expected.

Anyway, I would most definitely use these again, especially if a good deal came up on them in the future. Otherwise, I'm quite keen to try the new T31!

Last edited:
I put a set of T30 EVO's on this past spring. I have about 12,000 kms on them now. Unfortunately, living on the prairies, I only get to ride in a straight line for long stretches at a time! The tires are certainly squaring up, both front and back. I have a long (7,000 km) trip scheduled for early June next year and I plan to drop the pressure 3-4 lbs and run these tires. I may take a new rear tire along with me.
I had about 18,000 kms on the Roadsmart II's that I took off in the spring, and I'm sure the T30's will go at least as far.

Back