"By the time we got to Woodstock, we were........

Just one more day of work before my vacation starts! My son and I are going to ride up to Woodstock on Monday. This year is the 40th anniversary of the 69' festival. I was only 8 years old when the concert was held and my father wasn't having any of that stuff. So needless to say we didn't attend. I do remember all the talk about it on the radio though. So now they have a Museum on the actual site and being that my son is into music from that era, I figured to let him see it first hand. He plays guitar for about 5 years now and really digs the old stuff. To me its really the only music that had meaning to it and that really related to the times. Music that stood the test of time. Here's a link to the museum for anyone who is interested. I'll post some pics and videos for any "Old Farts" like me who have memories of that period in time.

The Museum at Bethel Woods | Official Site

Don't take the brown acid. lol

Have a great trip Billy. I also remember my parents talking about "those crazy hippies" after the concert.

Hey, I bought one of those chain cleaning brushes at Cyclecraft you recommended in an old thread. I'm about to clean/ oil my chain tonight. Woo Hoo! Do I know how to party on a Friday night or what.

That's great your son is into good music. I can't see the kids now thinking how great Eminem and the like were when they turn 40 or 50.

Last edited:
Don't take the brown acid. lol

Have a great trip Billy. I also remember my parents talking about \"those crazy hippies\" after the concert.

Hey, I bought one of those chain cleaning brushes at Cyclecraft you recommended in an old thread. I'm about to clean/ oil my chain tonight. Woo Hoo! Do I know how to party on a Friday night or what.

That's great your son is into good music. I can't see the kids now thinking how great Eminem and the like were when they turn 40 or 50.

Thanks Steve. You'll find that the brush works great. It's so much easier to do rather than soaking a rag with cleaner. I like that the brush gets all sides of the chain at once and also that it gets down in the links. I gotta say that the kerosene works the best for me. The grease and grime just falls right off.

As for my son, I was fortunate enough that he picked up at a young age what I was listening to and stuck with it. My mother was shocked once when he was three years old and we were driving in the car to my brother's house. He was in the car seat and started singing along to Sweet Home Alabama. My mother was astonished. It was a normal occurance for me. He does listen to other music as well but always regresses to the "Oldies".

Enough chit chat! Get that chain cleaned!!!:yes:

I've got my "TieDyed" on and I'll be heading out in about 40 minutes. It's gonna be 73 degrees today for the high, perfect riding weather for me. Anyway man!, I'll be back later with some groovy, far out, bitchin', pics and videos of the Woodstock trip. Can you dig it!?

It is funny that you mention regresses to "older" music. My oldest, got a music cd from Grandma and he wanted to listen to it -- I was game for the one song that he heard over, and over, and over....was getting a bit tiresome.

Long story short, he preferred the tracks that actually had musical instruments as opposed to bass beats and loops (maybe he won't be a dj.....takin after his old man) but hopefully he will be able to take music where I was not able to.

Have a good trip and can't wait to see the results!

Okay, We're back! It was a great start to my vacation. We left at 8:00am sharp and got there by 10:30am. We stopped twice along the way to have a little breakfast and also to see the famous Monticello Raceway. Once we got to the museum, we bought our tickets ($22.00 dollars for us both), and headed inside. As soon as we got inside I whipped out the camera and started taking pics and video. After about a minute or two this guy came out of nowhere and shouted at me "NO PHOTOGRAPHY"!!! I hadn't noticed the sign outside. Well, I thought about it for a second...Here I am in a memorial to Woodstock, a time of rebellion and free spirit. So getting myself in that rebellious mood, and in the spirit of the moment, I continued to take MANY pictures and videos!!!, over 50 in all. Down with the establishment!!! I wasn't going to dissappoint my brothers and sisters here on the forum! I said I would have pictures and pictures I have. After leaving Woodstock we went past V-Force Customs in Montgomery, the new home of Vinnie and Cody formally of Orange County Choppers TV Show. They were there and we hung out with them for about a half an hour. They are really just regular guys who don't act like superstars. From there we headed to OCC Headquarters in Newburgh to finish off the trip. We took some pics and vids and finally headed home. Riding 2-up today at the speed limit, I averaged amazing fuel economy. From home I filled up. We ran 153.2 miles and stopped for gas in Montgomery. I filled her to exactly 3.625 gallons. That equals 42.26mpg. Not bad at all.

Just Arriving......
WoodstockTrip011.jpg

As Soon As You Walk Inside, This Sets The Mood.....
WoodstockTrip013.jpg

Yasgar Himself...
WoodstockTrip012.jpg

This was a full size bus but the windshield was a movie screen showing one movie inside the bus and a totally different movie on the outside! Amazing.
WoodstockTrip017.jpg

Some Misc. Pictures.........
WoodstockTrip019.jpg

WoodstockTrip023.jpg

WoodstockTrip025.jpg

Richie and "Duke"...This Duke guy is an actual person believe it or not, but wasn't there today......
WoodstockTrip037.jpg

Just 15 and already trying to pick up chicks......
WoodstockTrip039.jpg

WoodstockTrip041.jpg

WoodstockTrip042.jpg

Over in the center of the picture shows the spot of the original stage from 69'.....
WoodstockTrip044.jpg

WoodstockTrip035.jpg

These are a couple from in front of Monticello Raceway earlier in the morning....
WoodstockTrip001.jpg

WoodstockTrip008.jpg

Here's some shots from O.C.C. Headquarters......
WoodstockTrip047.jpg

WoodstockTrip052.jpg

WoodstockTrip056.jpg

WoodstockTrip057.jpg

WoodstockTrip059.jpg

So there you have it. I will be uploading some videos in a bit and will post them later. I hope you enjoy them. We had a blast!

Last edited:
Sweet! Thanks! Wife and I might be going to a NESBA track day at Monticello but now we're leaning toward Long Pond, PA. We're going to get Norm to go too! It's a freebe for buying new Yamaha sportbikes this year.

Awesome photos and thanks for risking it for us. :tup:

No problem Eric. Glad you liked it. Here are the videos of my trip. The first one is the defining one where I get reprimanded for filming. The rest are after the fact. You'd think that they would want people that aren't able to get there to see the place. I've seen many places on video first and still went there in person.

Video #1
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGM3NtdVggY]YouTube - Hey! No Pictures!!!![/ame]

Video #2
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHODtynJC_Y]YouTube - Still Filming!![/ame]

Video #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8-jRvJN_q4]YouTube - Woodstock Part 1[/ame]

Video #4
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtKH_HI_HgA]YouTube - Woodstock Part 2[/ame]

Video #5
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFqvlXK29No]YouTube - Woodstock Memorial Monument[/ame]

This video was shot in OCC Headquarters in Newburgh, NY on the way home. If your a fan of the show, you'll recognize some of the bikes. The newest edition was the Siemans Electric Bike.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-VcnYmjR_k]YouTube - OCC Movie[/ame]

Nice pictures Billy. Sounds like you and Richie had a great time. You picked the right week to be on vacation. Great riding weather all week from the looks of the extended forecast.

Sweet! Thanks! Wife and I might be going to a NESBA track day at Monticello but now we're leaning toward Long Pond, PA. We're going to get Norm to go too! It's a freebe for buying new Yamaha sportbikes this year.

Awesome photos and thanks for risking it for us. :tup:

Never done a track day, but have gone to a few races out in Long Pond, PA. Definitely would be my choice of the two...

Nice pictures Billy. Sounds like you and Richie had a great time. You picked the right week to be on vacation. Great riding weather all week from the looks of the extended forecast.

Thanks Tony. We did have a great time today. I probably couldn't pick another week like this in 5 years. The weather is about as good as you can have it. Wednesday evening I'll be down in Englishtown to see the "test and tune". It's super cheap to get in. You can park right up against the grandstands, and the racing is pretty good. Especially the bikes. It will be cool out that day so there should be some quick times.

Back