cant find parts

im about to pick up a buddys 2002 fz1 that he wrecked and im trying to fix it up and make it my own. does anyone know a good site to find fairings? everything im finding is for a yzf. and i also need a set of wheels stock and cheap or chrome and cheap. thanks to anyone who can help

are you looking for lowers or the upper fairing?

Have lowers, black 265.00 + actual cost of shpping + 3.5% if paying with paypal......more pictures available upon request.

IMG_0118.jpg

Last edited:
im about to pick up a buddys 2002 fz1 that he wrecked and im trying to fix it up and make it my own. does anyone know a good site to find fairings? everything im finding is for a yzf. and i also need a set of wheels stock and cheap or chrome and cheap. thanks to anyone who can help

eBay would probably be your best bet. Fairings are usually hard to find because they are usually one of the first things to get damaged in an accident and most of the bikes that are being parted are accident victims.

BroHay. still kinda new on motorcycles used to offroad. when you say lower ive seen ones real small the just cover very bottom or the one that goes around the motor. im mainly lookin for the one around the motor. also i believe front and rear left and right and also front and back wheels

????? not quite connecting the dots this evening for what you are looking for....

the one that goes around the lower part of the exhaust is called a belly pan or chin cowl

the ones that you see on my bike above are lower fairings......yamaha website took down the accessories for the Gen I, so a bit harder to illustrate.

If you are looking for the lower fairings, let me know....

i will probably take you up on that. im going to look at the bike this weekend i think and try to make sure there is no frame damage. he flipped it doin a wheelie going from first to second gear so i cant imagin anything other than beauty damage but wont know till i look. if the frame looks in good shape ill get back to you and let you know for sure. thanks alot

ummmmmm .... yeah. I'd run the other direction.

You won't necessarily be able to see fork damage.... or slight frame damage.... just because the forks aren't touching the radiator, doesn't mean they're not bent... just because the tail isn't on the bike sideways, doesn't mean that the frame isn't bent...

No matter where.....

It's going to bite you for $250, and thats 'just' the upper farring, the one the windshield goes on......then theres all the 'littles', the bits here and there that you will discover when you look closer. The front could end up costing you about $400 by time your done, thats JUST the front. Only you can surmise the extent of the dammage, but like VA says....... what isn't apparent as bent may still be bent..... an ebay frame will go for about $275-ish and up. If your looking at tanks :( !!!, then the rear, pluss lighting. aggggggah...... it could be more than you want to do. But if you do do it, a noble cause.... I didn't say wise, but 'noble'

I lost a "perfect looking" Z1000 that way. Bought it under almost the exact same circumstances-guy flipped it when the clutch slipped going from first to second. It was accidental, but after the $3000 purchase price from a salvage place plus an additional $2200 for frame straightening and motor mount repair we found the frame to still be bent and in a place that made it impossible to repair. The bike actually sat about 3" lower due to the damage. I sold it dirt cheap, lost a ton of money and the following owner wrecked it beyond repair. Sad story and a lot of money lost. Do your homework-make sure the frame is straight!

i talked to him more about how it flipped and he said it was more of a flop side to side till it stopped if that makes a difference. like i said i know dirtbike frames but street is different and im not sure how strong the frames are. so you guys are sayin its probably best to find something else i guess cause chances are im getting in over my head? i mean i have the time and money to fix it but if its a waste due to frame damage then its not worth the time

None of us want to see you get something that turns out to be wreaked and too costly, so as to make a full-on outright buy of a 'good' FZ1 ultimatly a better call. You could start by taking some pics. close-ups of just what you see thats damaged. Judging might then be a little more subjective, and we might be able to point out areas of concern that you might overlook. We're in your corner, and if theres a chance it is a good deal, we'll all do our best to let you know our take on what we see. None of us are trying to 'bummer' you out, rather protect you from folly. Peace....Bro.....

ronayers.com or bike bandit. Ron Ayers usually has the best prices yet their shipping is like a damn slow ship from China. Bike Bandit is usually a tad more but the shipping is lightening fast. They're both cheaper than retail unless you find anything on Fleabay.

Back