Change tyres?

Hi.
I got the d221 stockers on my 09 plate. Feel a bit brick like, but do seem to heat up quite well, and I'm hardly Rossi in my riding lol. Any opinions on these / what to go for instead if it's worth changing? - would like something as sticky as poss, but that'll last a little while at least.
Thanks,

Andrew.

There's a lot of great choices for you but budget will decide what you go with.

Do you have a limit? £200? £400? £600? With a budget, we'll have lots of great suggestions. :)

Last edited:
There's a lot of great choices for you but budget will decide what you go with.

Do you have a limit? £200? £400? £600? With a budget, we'll have lots of great suggestions. :)

Hi - I guess between £200 and £250 - don't need to be latest model, just sticky!!!
Thanks for any advice.

If just sticky is the criteria the Dunlop Q2 is a bargain. In the US they are about $240 a pair. On sale as low as $180. Not sure what the cost is in the UK. They stick like glue. That said, they'll last about 2,500 to 3,500 miles.

If you're "not Rossi" how about the Pilot Road 2? It's a great tire and will last much longer than the Q2.

If just sticky is the criteria the Dunlop Q2 is a bargain. In the US they are about $240 a pair. On sale as low as $180. Not sure what the cost is in the UK. They stick like glue. That said, they'll last about 2,500 to 3,500 miles.

If you're "not Rossi" how about the Pilot Road 2? It's a great tire and will last much longer than the Q2.

Thx for advice. Also, any thoughts on Diablo Corsa, or BT016?
Cheers,

Andrew.

The Dunlop Q2 are awesome tyres, but as mentioned by Hellgate, they don't last long but are sticky enough to do trackdays on.
I'm currently running Pilot Power 2cts and they are more than adequate for fast street riding and should last longer than the 3000 miles I got out of the Q2's.

Back