Channel Tunnel operation stack

Hello,
I am hoping to cross over to France mon 3rd Aug 2015.Have any of you guys n gals made the crossing whilst operation stack has been in place on the local motorway.How did you get on did you make it to your booked train.Thank you.I am thinking of booking a return ferry for the same dates and times so if I have a problem with Eurotunnel I can jump on P an O

Not sure how it lies at the moment ,, but I've often missed my train as they will let you on another as long as there's room ,, chances are they will all be full at the moment ,
best of British !

Not sure how it lies at the moment ,, but I've often missed my train as they will let you on another as long as there's room ,, chances are they will all be full at the moment ,
best of British !

I will let you know how I get on next week,As an alternative I was going to have a ride up to the Isle of Skye and north west Scotland...........................the weather seems to be still winter in that area.

I was heading south on the the M25 over the Dartford crossing and thought,Any second now the overhead gantrys will tell me to use the A2 as opposed to the M20 but no it was all clear.I arrived at Folkestone about two hours early and basically checked in and rode straight onto the next train.Just over half an hour later and straight out into the sunshine and quiet roads of France.Lots of barb wire razor wire a couple of coppers (this was daylight).No illegals anywhere to be seen.The ride to Arras was 70 miles or so I didn't see any illegals walking anywhere they must be getting delivered by vehicles to CalaisOn the way back to Eurotunnel on the motorway I saw one dark skinned gentleman walking with his back facing the traffic in the third fast lane of the motorway.This was my first trip with the FZ1.Its nice that France isn't at war with vehicles travelling at 80 mph on the motorway.Lots of deserted country roads twisties my last bike was an St1100 a good bike but things have moved on a lot in the suspension and braking department.Who would have thought the postage stamp seat on the FZ1 was more comfy than the ST1100 seat (for me).The tank range is what it is but the FZ1 was more smiles per mile.As a bike it will always be faster than me
Eurotunnel was £32 return.Hotel F1 Arras was £17 a night £3 breakfast Dartford crossing free for motorbikes petrol cheaper than England.Looking forward to the next trip
https://dogslow.smugmug.com/Yamaha-FZ1-Arras-France/

Back