Clicking in front

I have an 08 FZ1S and i notices a clicking in the front when going over slight bumps. The forks are adjusted and no leaks at seals. Anyone have any clue what this could be. Any help would be great! Thank you.

I have an 08 FZ1S and i notices a clicking in the front when going over slight bumps. The forks are adjusted and no leaks at seals. Anyone have any clue what this could be. Any help would be great! Thank you.

Next time your going over the bumps, just slightly touch the front brake lever to see if it stops. If it does it is probably just your front brake pads rattling inside your caliper. If the noise continues while the brake lever is depressed, it could be something as simple as one of the fork springs hitting the inside of the fork tube, or maybe your head bearings need to be repacked and re-torqued. How many miles do you have on the bike, and when was the last time you serviced the brakes, forks, or head bearings???

Sounds like it could be the head bearings. Put the front wheel in the air and pull on the forks to see if there is any play front to back. It may just need to be retorqued or you could replace the bearings with allballs tapered bearings.

Back