Cluster or loom issue ?

Hi guys
Came back from an 80 mile run, bike running perfect , stopped for 20 mins then started up and she was only running on three cylinders .. limped home and left it till the following day ,started her up and running as normal then cut out and won't restart, now the cooling fan runs at low speed with ignition on and when you flash the headlamp the lamp dosnt work but the cooling fan speeds up, other warning lamps in the cluster are showing up dim , also the right flasher makes the fan work , I'm looking for a bad earth /wire but am not ruling out a faulty cluster , as the reset buttons work intermittent too .. are the clusters plug and play ? As I have the immobiliser lamp in mine being a UK model ,, any thoughts guys ?
Thanks .... I have also replaced the multiplug in the left side of the nose cone as it played up some time ago but has made no difference

Last edited:
Glad you got it sorted and reported back. The weather must be getting better up there, Winter has set in down here. Have to dodge the rain showers now instead of the heat waves.

Thanks Dicko, it was a royal pain to find as the wire checked out ok with a meter , as soon as it was under load it just used the earth path to the cooling fan as these earth are joined to gether in the loom ......weather on the up here now and typically the bikes been down for over a week !!!

Well here we are again , problem not solved , bike started misfiring again and ground to a halt , this time the earths bad to the fuel pump!!!!! There's a bigger story here somewhere!!

Back