Clutch noise?

Delta

Hi guys just a quick one.
I’m wondering if any of you have had this noise..
So the bike runs ok through the gears, up and down etc.
When I’m stationary and pull in the clutch and put it into 1st gear it’s fine. When I start to let the clutch out as the load goes on and the bike starts to pull away, I get this chiff chiff chiff sound with the rpm. Sounds like a rubbing or scraping going on. Could it be the clutch release bearing? Once the clutch is fully engaged and I’m pulling in 1st gear the noise stops. Any ideas, have you had this, what was the problem or cure?
Just want a few ideas before I take the clutch side case off.
Thanks guys.

Delta.

It could a worn front sprocket. When they wear they develop a hook to the teeth. I have had this happen and I did get a similar noise when starting off.

It could a worn front sprocket. When they wear they develop a hook to the teeth. I have had this happen and I did get a similar noise when starting off.
just had pretty much the same sort of noise , I thought it was a chipped gear at first but turned out as you suggest to be the front sprocket .

Hi guys. It’s deffinatly not small sprocket. That was changed along with the rear and chain in the summer.
As I said it is as you let the clutch lever out while engaged in 1st gear. Once the clutch lever is fully out and your moving there’s no noise. It sounds like a rubbing chiff chiff sound. Sorry I can’t make the noise ha. It’s making me think clutch release bearing maybe. ?

Back