Code 11 on 2006 FZ1

Hey guys! I got stranded!

When I turn on the bike, the speedometer powers up thru its tests but at the end, it replaces the clock read out with "11" and a yellow light with a picture of an engine remains. I am assuming this is an error code. The 2006 FZ1 starter motor continues to crank like before, but none of the cylindrs fire.

This error 11 code came out of the blue. I drove it normally for 10 miles to work and when I turned it off, the error 11 appeared. The drive to work was completely uneventful. After work, the error 11 remained and I had to hoof it.

But anybody else have a similar problem? What could it be?

My service manual indicates that a code 11 is bad/no signal from cylinder identification sensor, here is a little info on sensor location ( it's from an R1 forum , but it should apply to our FZ1s) Hope this helps.

Thanks Jamwr! I went ahead and replaced the Cylinder Id (aka camshaft position) sensor tonight. I had to unscrew the radiator and pop it forward, as well as remove the gas tank and air box. Unfortunately there was no change and code 11 is still being thrown. Back to the drawing board!

Did you clear the 11 engine fault code - section 8-42 of the service manual? Unless you clear it, it will prevent a start, regardless of any changes you have made.

I did not!

I found that code clearing procedure you mentioned, and this
I followed it, and code 11 was not removed while code 22 was. (Code 22 was caused by me disconnecting air box sensor.)

However, I decided to tap the start button and rotate the crankshaft one revolution, and the code 11 disappeared!!

Thank you aus_andyk!

Back