Continental ContiRaceAttackStreet

Dustin

Stupid name, great tire?

Got these mounted on my SV today and was chomping at the bit to try them out. It was raining and miserable today but I put my big boy panties on and went for a ride.

I've only got 130 miles or so on them but I'm really impressed. There isn't much I can say; these things are clearly much more capable than I am :D

These are going to be awesome on the trip to Cali in a couple weeks

Last edited:
So, usage report.

There is now over 5000 km/3000 miles on these tires and I have nothing to fault them with. The grip out of these is absolutely fantastic and they saved my ass plenty of times on my California trip. The kind of traction you get from these really masks your lack of skill! I'm amazed how much room for error there is. There is ample wet weather traction and standing water is not an issue at all. They're very stable and roll much more smoothly than my previous Shinkos

The rear is a bit square now after 700 miles of straightish roads on the way home from Northern California but after a couple days of twisties with Doug/OneSizeFitsAll, they wore very evenly and were round.

At the current mileage, I'd probably say there's only another 1000km on the rear but will report back once I've changed it to a fresh rear.

At $89 for a rear on my bike, it's a hell of a good value

Last edited:
I had a set of the conti SMs on my klx. I really like them however the tread life wasn't that great. They are made with pretty soft rubber. Excellent for the twisties though.

Last year I bought FZ1 with these tyres, almost new.
Bike did not want to bend at all. I traveled 4000 km. Bad tire.
Now I drive Pirelli DIABLO ROSSO CORSA. Unfortunately, I do it only 3300 km, but driving feeling is very good.

Interesting feedback, Marko! Good to hear an opposing opinion

Currently just under 4000 miles on these now and I am going to swap the rear to a new one next week. Looking forward to another 4000!

Not sure what I'll get after that. I think I'm leaning towards a Pilot Road 3 since it will be heading into winter by the time these Contis are done

Back