Coolant

I recently had a place flush and rinse the coolant on my bike. After that it has been occasionally purging coolant, I asked a guy at another local shop who said that was normal. The coolant is a little so i bought some engine ice to fill it up. Im not sure what coolant the mechanics used ( i think its purple) is it ok for me to just fill it with the engine ice? or do I need to drain it?

I recently had a place flush and rinse the coolant on my bike. After that it has been occasionally purging coolant, I asked a guy at another local shop who said that was normal. The coolant is a little so i bought some engine ice to fill it up. Im not sure what coolant the mechanics used ( i think its purple) is it ok for me to just fill it with the engine ice? or do I need to drain it?
NEVER MIX

Could also have air bubbles in the system, which can force coolant into the overflow bottle.
Running the bike with the cap off for a while until the thermostat opens can help purge the air.

i have flushed my fz1 motor a couple times, never had a problem such as this.
but never mix brands/styles of coolant.
just buy a number of gallon jugs of distilled water. drain, refill a couple times with this water. drain each time of course. yes run the motor hot each time to "clean it out".
then install a new thermostat, and rad cap. do a pre mix of the distilled water, the coolant, and water wetter. then fill cold. heat up the motor, top off the over flow. let cool down then top off the overflow.
worst case do a second heat up top off. then cool down top off.

Back